• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I probably wouldn't have been able to identify the comic if it wasn't one that I own.

BZ;

This is so true........it took me all of 2 seconds to ID the Mystery Men #2 and the National #7.

Winning these contests are often about timing, in the sense of being on the thread when the question is being asked, instead of showing up days later. lol

geneautry_5.jpg

Nice looking books! You're right, licensed Westerns don't exactly get the owl hoots all fired up 'round these parts. I especially like the looks of #4 with the fire in the background.

The signature on this cover (I could only partially read it) led me to Till(man) Goodan on Jerry Bails' Who's Who. Apparently he did a lot of western art for comics and kids' books, some Sgt Preston and Gilberton work as well. Nice, clean style -- I've never encountered his name before.

Jack

Winning these contests are often about timing, in the sense of being on the thread when the question is being asked, instead of showing up days later.

I'll be posting another Quiz at 7PM (EST) if anyone wants to check back to see if they recognize the image.

PAST WINNERS

Quiz # 1: Scrooge

Quiz # 2: kimik

Quiz # 3: mrwoogieman

Quiz # 4: Billy Parker

Quiz # 5: Theagenes

Quiz # 6: Scrooge

Quiz # 7: selegue

Quiz # 8: selegue

Quiz # 9: Point Five

Quiz # 10: Moondog

Quiz # 11: Scrooge