• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1 Art on Ebay? Legit? Scam? WTF?

85 posts in this topic

Makes me wonder what someone who shells out 250K for TMNT art does for a living.

The big run up in oil and minerals over the past 4 years... what if you owned a mining company? There is a fella in the hobby that does, and he has quite a collection. Heck, if you owned a fantastically located Starbucks franchise, with sales of 5 million a year, you could swing a few covers here or there. Especially with profit margins of 500 - 2000% on the products. Maybe you own a big comic store in New York, and have a cover collection that must be valued at well over $2 million. It's a crazy world.

Or maybe you have a father who's a billionaire. #349 (tied)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070310/BUSINESS/303100002

Being born into wealth is SO much easier than having to create it yourself! 27_laughing.gif

Makes me wonder what someone who shells out 250K for TMNT art does for a living.

The big run up in oil and minerals over the past 4 years... what if you owned a mining company? There is a fella in the hobby that does, and he has quite a collection. Heck, if you owned a fantastically located Starbucks franchise, with sales of 5 million a year, you could swing a few covers here or there. Especially with profit margins of 500 - 2000% on the products. Maybe you own a big comic store in New York, and have a cover collection that must be valued at well over $2 million. It's a crazy world.

Or maybe you have a father who's a billionaire. #349 (tied)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070310/BUSINESS/303100002

Being born into wealth is SO much easier than having to create it yourself! 27_laughing.gif

You're just jealous tongue.gif ...so am I crazy.gif

From the latest Scoop e-newsletter:

"I have a million wonderful memories of my contribution in the creation and foundation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and own countless pieces of "personally drawn" artwork in my collection--those I will leave to my son Shane Brooklyn Eastman. Others that I am less attached to I have decided to let go at the right time to serious collectors, after all, I will always have the printed works to carry on the correctly represent that end of the work from the early days, said Kevin Eastman co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

“As the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film geared up for release I decided it was time to let go of the original art for the landmark first issue, and put a price I expected no one would pay. I'm thrilled it has sold to the collector it has--it will have a wonderful home, and I hope he enjoys having it around as much as I did for the twenty three years it spent in my home studio,” said Eastman.