• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, A picture of Edgar Church.....

17 posts in this topic

For all the *spoon* Chuck takes about everything, I really enjoy his stories and newsletters. The obsessive passion for comic books he has is rare to be matched.

Passion for selling comics. He rarely reads them and certainly doesn't follow storylines in new comics. He has a passion for pottery and for selling comics.

For all the *spoon* Chuck takes about everything, I really enjoy his stories and newsletters. The obsessive passion for comic books he has is rare to be matched.

Passion for selling comics. He rarely reads them and certainly doesn't follow storylines in new comics. He has a passion for pottery and for selling comics.

I guess from how he talks about comics I'm under the impression he must like comics with a passion. I imagine a lot of comic collectors don't read any books, and I know a LOT of people don't follow new storylines. I still don't know anything about Chuck and his pots but I guess passion for comics depends on definition of it.

yeah... but wasn't it a case of just dumb luck.. being in the right place at the right time. I'm not jealous or being vindictive.. but there was no "hard work" put into mining the collection.

That shouldn't detract from the history behind it.

yeah... but wasn't it a case of just dumb luck.. being in the right place at the right time. I'm not jealous or being vindictive.. but there was no "hard work" put into mining the collection.

Well, according to lore and legend, others passed on the opportunity, and Chuck had to scramble to come up with the financing.