• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a CGC 9.8 have a pen mark on the back cover?

11 posts in this topic

That's not a pen mark. It's there from the printer. I've had 4 copies of that book and they all have it.

Do all the issues distributed have the mark?

Jim

No, not all. tongue.gif

Here's the BC of my lowly 9.4 . . . grin.gif

DD168CGCbss-1.jpg

David,

Is that a newsstand copy?

That's not a pen mark. It's there from the printer. I've had 4 copies of that book and they all have it.

Jim

No, not all. tongue.gif

DD168CGCbss-1.jpg

Yes, is that why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

David,

Jim

No, not all. tongue.gif

Yeah, I think it is the Direct Market copies that have the blue line on the back. They're printed with different physical plates.

Yes, is that why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

David,

Jim

No, not all. tongue.gif

Yeah, I think it is the Direct Market copies that have the blue line on the back. They're printed with different physical plates.

So all the DM copies have the mark?

Jim

I can't say whether all of them do, but every copy I've seen with the blue line (which is literally dozens of them over the years) was a Direct Market copy. It's the same slanted cyan line every time, in the same place.

So all the DM copies have the mark?

Jim

I can't say whether all of them do, but every copy I've seen with the blue line (which is literally dozens of them over the years) was a Direct Market copy. It's the same slanted cyan line every time, in the same place.

It also appears on another issue in the run . . . let me go through my scans tonight to see if I can find it. tongue.gif