• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Market Report? Collecters' Society?

6 posts in this topic

I've known about the Census for some time, but is there a Market Report or a Price Guide (on-line?) were prices realized for CGC slabbed comics have been recorded?

I'm still new to the slabbing idea.

I've got my first bacth almost ready to send in.

Is there a big bonus to joining the Collectors' Society?

Do you get enough of a discount?

Are other perks worth it?

wink.gif

There are at least two publications that track CGC sales:

Overstreet and Comic Buyers Guide. Both give data of sales, although may be a little old in some instances.

Upon joining the collectors society you get a coupon for three free express submission, although you still pay shipping. You also get a 10% discount for online submission through CGC, it might be better to try various other websites to get a 20% discount.

Unabashed plug department:

www.thecomicsheet.com sells a spreadsheet covering the last 1 1/4 years CGC sales on eBay. Updated weekly. The data is provided in two forms: A complete database with 1 record for each auction and a second price guide spreadsheet where auctions for the same book/condition are combined and averaged. smile.gif

I'm already sign up $6.95 a month at gpanalysis.com.

I'll be moving into the on-line basement there for the near future! 27_laughing.gif

It went straight to the top 5 in my favorite places. cloud9.gif