• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Williamson?

11 posts in this topic

Contact John Hitchcock at Parts Unknown in Greensboro, NC. I have met Al three or four times at John's shows and he and John are pretty close. Al is getting up there in years now, but he was always one of the nicest guys I ever had the chance to meet. Here is the link to John's store where you can ask him about Al.

http://www.partsunknown.net/

Here is a sketch that Al did for me...and a pic of him doing it. cloud9.gif

The bottom pic is Archie Goodwin of course.

Scott

AlWilliamson.jpg

Conpics1.jpg

Contact John Hitchcock at Parts Unknown in Greensboro, NC. I have met Al three or four times at John's shows and he and John are pretty close. Al is getting up there in years now, but he was always one of the nicest guys I ever had the chance to meet. Here is the link to John's store where you can ask him about Al.

Thanks!

Is John someone I can trust? I'd like to get a piece of OA signed by Al and I want to ask John to be the middle man.

Thanks!

Is John someone I can trust? I'd like to get a piece of OA signed by Al and I want to ask John to be the middle man.

Go to John's site and check it out. He had a long time friend-ship with both Alex Toth and Wally Wood before they passed away and it was pretty apparent that they thought the world of him. I have not seen John since I left NC back in 2001, but I dealt with/bought from him for almost 15 years prior to that. John's original art collection is out of this world and I had the honor to see a small portion of it one time. The man has pieces that would blow your mind, but you would never know it by his unassuming nature. His original art collection is world class. He is extremely trustworthy in my opinion. Give him a call.

Scott

He is extremely trustworthy in my opinion. Give him a call.

Scott

I called John and he seems like a very nice guy. We talked for some time and I very much appreciated the conversation. He's very good friends with Al and today is actually Al's 76th Birthday.

John told me things in our conversation that he asked me not to post on the message board and out of respect for him and Al I will honor his request. To sum it up, I won't be getting the OA page signed by Al. It would be inappropriate for John to ask that of Al and unthinking of me to push the issue. Al is dealing with more pressing issues and signing some fanboys art page is about the last thing he needs to concern himself with.

I'll just be happy that I have a really great piece of art by one of the all time greats in the profession.

Thanks again Scott.

He is extremely trustworthy in my opinion. Give him a call.

Scott

I called John and he seems like a very nice guy. We talked for some time and I very much appreciated the conversation. He's very good friends with Al and today is actually Al's 76th Birthday.

John told me things in our conversation that he asked me not to post on the message board and out of respect for him and Al I will honor his request. To sum it up, I won't be getting the OA page signed by Al. It would be inappropriate for John to ask that of Al and unthinking of me to push the issue. Al is dealing with more pressing issues and signing some fanboys art page is about the last thing he needs to concern himself with.

I'll just be happy that I have a really great piece of art by one of the all time greats in the profession.

Thanks again Scott.

nice update thumbsup2.gif