• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Hornet movie

10 posts in this topic

November 21, 2001

Universal Pictures, which has spent over $10 million since 1992 in a futile effort to bring The Green Hornet back to the big screen, let its option on the property lapse, which allowed Disney-backed Miramax Films to pick up the rights for a bargain basement $3 million. The Green Hornet, which began as a radio serial in 1936, has spawned a long list of spin-offs including a television series (with Van Williams as Britt Reid and Bruce Lee as Kato), movie serials, and a popular series of comic books.

Universal retains the right to co-finance the picture (and share in the revenue) if Miramax can come up with a -script and a package of stars that Universal likes, but basically this project, which was once very close to being filmed with George Clooney and Jet Li, is back to square one. Still, if the next wave of comic-based films does well, don't count the Green Hornet out just yet, after all it's one of the few comic properties with a built-in buzz.

This was back in 2001, and I doubt much has changed.

Watch those copies of Now comic GH rise in value.
I have 2 of those....purchased years ago out of boredom. tongue.gif

I have hundreds of those... I see them in packs of 10 all over the place... tongue.gif

Now someone tell me they're making Darkhawk and Sleepwalker movies.. insane.gif

Watch those copies of Now comic GH rise in value.
I have 2 of those....purchased years ago out of boredom. tongue.gif

I have hundreds of those... I see them in packs of 10 all over the place... tongue.gif

Now someone tell me they're making Darkhawk and Sleepwalker movies.. insane.gif

3929_0000009.jpg and 3929_0000011.jpg

Don't recall anything about them...stories must not have grabbed me.