• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanning Help? or what do you use?

3 posts in this topic

Ok I splurged a little and picked up a Canon canoscan Lide70 scanner tonite. I liked it because its easily portable and a few things I noted about it while researching online.

I have been wanting to submit some books in the PGM section of this forum and so have tried to scan some things tonite. I didn't do so well with the comics.

What do people use here to scan with? What resolution, settings, etc.? Do you say its a photo or magazine or what? I got the best results with OCR but thats not a picture format I guess. Do you save as a Tiff, JPG, BMP or what and what size of picture? Mine keeps coming out with what look like large pixels on the covers. Don't know what I am doing wrong but any help is appreciated.

Also if this is the wrong place for this question, sorry and please help me direct it to the right one. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Or if you can't help this way, what kinda scanner have you had good luck with using for comic scans????

David

I do mine at 200 DPI which makes for a huge file, then I crop it down to 1500 pixels high to leave lots of detail while drastically reducing the file size. I scan mine directly into Collectorz so it does the cropping for me, but you could also do a batch crop in photoshop. Also, OCR is what you use when you want to scan text and output an editable text file instead of an image.