• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long after submitting CC info to Ebay can I begin selling

6 posts in this topic

I filled in the information that Ebay required ( Contact info, Credit card)

When I went to list some DVD's it said to create a sellers account which is what I thought I did.

Do I have to wait while Ebay checks the card or can I sell right away?

I think they probably handle it like Paypal, they charge your credit card a small fee and then a member number will appear on your credit card statement which you will need to put into your application before you can begin selling. They do this to ensure that the credit card you are using is actually yours (a pain in the butt, but a good thing, I guess). The charge will usually show up in a couple of days. If you can view your statement online (most every credit card company gives you this capability) you can get the number within a couple of days and start listing. It's the same with Paypal. I just opened a new Ebay account to buy stuff without my wife's knowledge (a cold, calculating wimp I am) but before I could pay with Paypal I had to go through a similar process. Luckily, the sellers who I won items from were accomodating and patient.

Good luck with your account when you get it opened and let us know what you put up for auction. Sometimes, you can sell alot of stuff to forum members by listing your items in the Marketplace section.

Right now its Some DVD's, CD's and Transformers that are taking up space!!

Im gonna sell some comics in lots ( the Marvels Series, Daredevil Man without fear series!)

I think you should be good to go immediately if you register with a bank account and a cc. I did that last night for the "cgcforums" account and was able to list immediately (I didn't but I could have).

DAM

If I can remember all the way back to 1999...

I think it was 2-4 days until they verified my card.

Depends if there is a weekend in between maybe...

You should get an email telling you it's ok to sell now.

I tried to fill in the sellign information.

Went to the section for Credit card information and filled it in.

Then when I hit submit I was back at the fill in page with the fields Blank.

Nothign to indicate that they got my information. No email to verify they got it or were waiting authentication!