• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You win $50 million in the lottery. How much do you spend on comics?

149 posts in this topic

I would buy Greggy and put him in the princess Leia slave outfit, and have him do my bidding on Ebay for me.

(did I just say that out loud?) 893whatthe.gif

I would PP 1 millliioonnn dollars to the first person to kick Greggy in the nut sack at the forum dinner he attended. devil.gif

Must provide pics of video as proof.

If I won $50 million or more,not only would I not spend a single dollar on comics,I would give away every comic I own,as well as everything else.

I'd take my winnings and completely start my life over,leaving the past behind.

Okay,I might keep my Schomburgs,but I'd give away everything that didn't have sentimental value to me.

This may sound crass, but if that is your honest response, perhaps you should consider starting your life over even before you win the lotto... confused-smiley-013.gif

If leaving your past behind is something you would do if you had the chance, perhaps you should bring that chance to fruition... confused-smiley-013.gif

I would buy Greggy and put him in the princess Leia slave outfit, and have him do my bidding on Ebay for me.

I would PP 1 millliioonnn dollars to the first person to kick Greggy in the nut sack at the forum dinner he attended. devil.gif

It's on in SD this year. woohoo! Greggy, prepare to be kicked in the nutsack. gossip.gif

It's on in SD this year. woohoo! Greggy, prepare to be kicked in the nutsack. gossip.gif

Remember, I get half as agreed

To each his or her own. I would hope that most of us would at least ensure that we arranged things so we could do what we truly loved. Waking up happy each morning is far more important than how your investments did last quarter... thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif (send my books yet ? confused-smiley-013.gif )

Today isn't Monday 893naughty-thumb.gif

And I am still trying to figure out how many Caps I can jam in this box. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since I did not win the lottery I'll pay you in $50.00 yearly installments.

To each his or her own. I would hope that most of us would at least ensure that we arranged things so we could do what we truly loved. Waking up happy each morning is far more important than how your investments did last quarter... thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif (send my books yet ? confused-smiley-013.gif )

Today isn't Monday 893naughty-thumb.gif

And I am still trying to figure out how many Caps I can jam in this box. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Going to give me your mailing address or not? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll do it for free confused-smiley-013.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Who's gonna pay for the medical bills that you will incur on the major injuries that will be inflicted on you in retaliation? confused-smiley-013.gif

Who's gonna pay for the medical bills that you will incur on the major injuries that will be inflicted on you in retaliation? confused-smiley-013.gif

There won't be any injuries because I can run faster than you acclaim.gif

If I won $50 million or more,not only would I not spend a single dollar on comics,I would give away every comic I own,as well as everything else.

I'd take my winnings and completely start my life over,leaving the past behind.

Okay,I might keep my Schomburgs,but I'd give away everything that didn't have sentimental value to me.

This may sound crass, but if that is your honest response, perhaps you should consider starting your life over even before you win the lotto... confused-smiley-013.gif

If leaving your past behind is something you would do if you had the chance, perhaps you should bring that chance to fruition... confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope,its something everyone should do on a regular basis.In the Bible,every 50th year was a Jubilee where all debts and injurys were forgiven and everyone given a fresh start.You'd be amazed how much baggage you accumilate over the years and how much it burdens you.

I started fresh when I soldI sold my stores,and again when I sold my niteclub.

New place to live,new car,new friends for the most part,

27_laughing.gif

I am forced to play the lottery every week at work. It's part social obligation, part defense mechanism. Social obligation for the same reason I have to buy breakfast tacos every couple of weeks for the people I office with (thankfully there are only 8 of us). Defense mechanism because I am not about to have those other seven people hit the lotto and leave me stuck trying to run the department by myself. But given that it only costs me $5 a week, and I save far more than that each week since I stopped drinking sodas, it's not all bad.

So yesterday, as I kicked in my $5 for this week's drawings, we started another discussion about uses for the winnings. One guy started talking about the custom motorcycle collection he would begin. Another rambled on about 18th century firearms. The guys know I collect comics, and they asked how much of my winnings I would spend on them...

Now a split-eight-ways lotto hit isn't that great... But say you hit it big all by yourself, and after taxes you were getting a cash-option check for $50 million.

How much would you spend on comics?

I came to the conclusion I would spend around $5 million on my personal collection, and I would throw another $10 million at opening the finest comic shop in the country. With the earnings from the other $35 mil I wouldn't need the store to ever make money. I could do what I love for the rest of my life and as long as it broke even on its own I would be content...

What about you?

I would probably do the same as you though I might spend another 5 million to throw one hell of a comic book convention.

After a swift kick to the sack I think just about anyone could out run him.

$500,000 for as many Adam Hughes covers as I could find cloud9.gif

I'd save $3 mil and give the rest away. confused-smiley-013.gif

yeahok.gif

I'm not greedy confused-smiley-013.gif

Greed is good. makepoint.gif

Seriously, I'm glad that people like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates were greedy and built these massive fortunes. Look how much good they're doing today versus if they had slacked off and smoked pot under a tree all day writing bad poetry. juggle.gif

I wouldn't quit my job if I won $50 million in the lottery. I love what I do and, besides, my ambitions are loftier than $50 million anyway. 893whatthe.gif

Am I the only one to find it odd that a lot of people would stop working if they won the lotto?

Yep, you gotta do something with your time! thumbsup2.gif

However, "Working" could be managing your portfolio to make even more money, it could be buying/selling comics and traveling the country going to go to all the big shows, it could be opening the ultimate comic store where you hang out all day with your friends, it could be traveling the world and writing about it ala Rick Steeves, or it could be volunteering at the Boys Club.

If your job is something you would keep doing even if you didn't earn a penny doing it, consider yourself lucky! After all, there's only one letter difference between vocation and vacation... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif