• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weapon X - Marvel Comics Presents 72-84

62 posts in this topic

What? No #84? That's nuts... I should be able to come up with a 9.8 of that issue.

#73 too. hm

(The middle ones are the hard ones for me to produce 9.8s.. Haven't found too many packs of those yet.)

BTW, I'm glad to see that little dirty part in the price box of the #77 didn't affect the grade that much... I've been eliminating books like those from the 9.8 category erroneously.

What? No #84? That's nuts... I should be able to come up with a 9.8 of that issue.

#73 too. hm

(The middle ones are the hard ones for me to produce 9.8s.. Haven't found too many packs of those yet.)

BTW, I'm glad to see that little dirty part in the price box of the #77 didn't affect the grade that much... I've been eliminating books like those from the 9.8 category erroneously.

Thanks, Shin! I gave you kudos in my book descriptions on the Registry. I haven't looked at all the CGC returns yet but I did just now peek at the 84 and it had a small lower left corner flaw. I pre-screened out the other 84.

The 84 is actually my favorite cover of the bunch because of the wraparound full face by Barry Windsor-Smith.

I would love to get some more books from you...

MarvelComicsPresents77CGC9.8WWBC.jpg

Freakin' awesome collection, & especially like this cover! (worship)

BWS had some great stuff over the years. I will collect his stuff later tho.

You are so right about BWS art. When i finsih the run, I will post all the covers together. Several, like this one, are simply magnificent. My plan after finishing the run is to get BWS to sign them all. That will be tough from what I here because he doesn't sign much.

Several of his copper X-Men covers are just as nice as these Weapon X covers and his Valiant work was some of the best of his career in my opinion.

I think this series answered more questions concerning Wolvies Origins than any Series since. Great art great story. In my opinion this is one of the more undervalued group of comics. My 2c

Time to bump this thread with some recent arrivals from CGC :)

I am still looking for a raw copy of issue 79 to submit to CGC in order to win my bet with MutantKeys so shoot me a PM if you can help :wishluck:

Here is 73 courtesy of Dr. Watson (thumbs u

MarvelComicsPresents73CGC98WWBC.jpg

MarvelComicsPresents73CGC98WWBCreve.jpg