• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage prices realized. Are they up or down?

4 posts in this topic

Just curious if you guys are noticing a trend with books that have "resold" on Heritage.

For example, there was a Mile High Top-Notch Comics #19 (9.6) that sold for around $7,000 back it 2001, and closed 2-3 thousand less the last time it was up. Anyone else noticing this trend?

Again, this is only for books you're sure have been resold on Heritage's site.

Thanks for any feedback; I pose this question as I'm always buying/looking to buy...

The All-Star #8 CGC 6.5 with the Slightly Brittle pages, sold on 3/15/02 for $5,060.00 and last month it sold for $6,325.00 (both prices with the Buyer's Premium). In the interim, it had sold on eBay last August for $4,050.00.

Depends on what books you are talking about.

EC Gaines file copies aren't commanding anywhere near what they got last year. A lot went unsold in the July Signature Auction and the reserve prices were much less that last years actual sales.

I think a lot of Golden-Age is a good buy. There is so much demand/hype on Silver-Age that it is hard to find good deals. But with GA or 1950's books, every once in a while, I pick up nice high grade copies for 20% below guide (and they are slabbed).

Of all the Silver-Age titles, Amazing Spider-Man is still very strong where as X-Men has lost some of its steam (i.e. I continue to see lower and lower prices paid).

According to Borock, the comic bk orig. art market was soft at the Heritage live auction Wed. which was right before San Diego when most dealer/collectors were enroute to the comic-con & away from their computers. He stated he picked up some good deals. Also lots of good buys at comic-con live charity auction on Sun. for those who stayed to the very end. Some art/paintings went for 50 shocked.gif to 70% off eBay prices.