• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's Latest Column....

12 posts in this topic

Just got CBG today, and Ol' Chuck has done it again! Check out this excerpt from his column, "Geeking out on the road trip to San Diego, 1973":

"When I offered Lyle the same deal in 1973 to drive me to SD as I had going to Oklahome (he provided the van and drove--I paid for all gas and cost of the KOA Campground), that was fine w/ him. Since I was still really tight for money, however, I then asked him if he would mind if two guys I knew from my freshman year at the Univ. of Colorado accompanied us. Lyle had no problem w/ two extra riders, so I then offered Kieth and Torger a trip to the 1973 SC con as long as they would pay for the gas and the cost of the campground for all of us. They initially thought that was a wonderful bargain, although I think that everyone involved later had second doubts about their agreements w/ me when they finally figured out that I had essentially bargained a free ride to the con for myself through my adroit managing of the situation.

The fact reamins, however, that, had I not wangled the others into paying all the expenses of the trip, I simply couldn't have gone--and, without my prodding, they would never have attended what turned out to be a fantastic convention. In the end, it turned out to be a win-win arrangement for all of us. "

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Can you believe it! How could it be a win-win arrangement when his buddies covered all the bills? The more Chuck opens his mouth, the more he sounds like an arse! I can't wait for his next column.... grin.gif (Hey, it's a guilty pleasure)

Chris

I saw that (and commented earlier tonight on the same exact excerpt! Hes such a tool! Bragging that in th eend, hi sfriend were grateful to him for screwing them all because they had had such a blast at the Con. Does he NOT read his sh]t before he sends it in to CBG??

Did you also raise an eyebrow with his latest email 50% off sale ?? He states that hes ben offered an incredible museum collection of pottery [!@#%^&^], so he must extend the 50% sale to raise cash. But does his accountant read this? Or his employees? He buys the pottery personally, like his organic farm. So whats the connection that selling more comics has to hi personal dealings? Is he sucking out MH money to pay for Chucks personal collecting joneses???

Is he sucking out MH money to pay for Chucks personal collecting joneses???

I've heard peyote can be quite costly during certain times of the year. Perhaps the "Far Mid-West" is experiencing more of a dry spell than theorized.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris

Is he sucking out MH money to pay for Chucks personal collecting joneses???

I've heard peyote can be quite costly during certain times of the year. Perhaps the "Far Mid-West" is experiencing more of a dry spell than theorized.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris

confused-smiley-013.gif

Did you also raise an eyebrow with his latest email 50% off sale ?? He states that hes ben offered an incredible museum collection of pottery [!@#%^&^], so he must extend the 50% sale to raise cash. But does his accountant read this? Or his employees? He buys the pottery personally, like his organic farm. So whats the connection that selling more comics has to hi personal dealings? Is he sucking out MH money to pay for Chucks personal collecting joneses???

Well, he made me look. And I can still do better buying guide from someone who doesn't have a 50% sale. 27_laughing.gif

Chuck's my hero. I wish I could be savvy enough to screw my "friends" so that I could be a total free loader too one day. tongue.gif

I personally will never buy from Chuck ever just on principle. Reading this makes me sad and disappointed in myself that I actually registered my email address on his site so that I could enter the Jim Lee dinner lottery frown.gif

it turned out to be a win-win arrangement

win - Chuck went for free.

win - his friends got to go with Chuck.

Therefore, win-win. grin.gif

win - Chuck went for free.

Loss - friends had to go with Chuck.