• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee. To Tell The Truth

34 posts in this topic

yeah. check out the Bullpen pages from back then. Stan was in his European Autuer mode, mixed in with a splash Bob and Carol Ted and Alice Hollywood swinger! It was a great look... and looks even cooler now compared to his contemporaries on the show!

That was great...where did you find this? And....were you looking for it or did you just kinda' stumble onto it?

I was looking for it, but the reason had little to do with comics. I am researching/writing a paper that has a few game show realted points in it and in looking for information I stumbled on a blurb about Stan Lee having been on To Tell The Truth. A quick search turned up the video on YouTube.

haha the ghetto youngsters line was classic. Its good to see stereotyping was still rampant in that time period.

That struck me as well: "teaching his fellow ghetto-dwellers not to listen to their local drug-pusher" Yikes yeahok.gif

Early 1970's stereotypes aside...that was SO COOL to watch. Thanks! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That was fun! Remids me of the time I saw Ray Brabury on the old Graucho Marx game show "You Bet Your Life". He was, at that time, an unknown struggling writer trying to make a few extra bucks. I'm sure Stan was doing well by the time he appeared on this.

Hard to believe Stan wasn't an easily recognizable celebrity back then, as he is now. From the issues they showed, that must be, what, late sixties?

Thanks for posting that. I remember that show.

Red

Hard to believe Stan wasn't an easily recognizable celebrity back then, as he is now. From the issues they showed, that must be, what, late sixties?

Thanks for posting that. I remember that show.

Red

CA 117 was released in 9/69, so this episode was in the early 70's. I think I saw a CA 136 in there confused-smiley-013.gif...my screen res was kind of blurry, so that would make it 1971 at the earliest.