• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT paypal

3 posts in this topic

im just wondering whats everyones opinion on paypal? im guessing its what alot of you use on here to buy off each other. has anyone ever had issues with security? just looking for feedback as to should i take the paypal plundge

Convenient (just about everyone uses it), but beware as they almost always side with the buyer in a transaction dispute, so make sure you do delivery confirmation (all ebay transactions) or insurance on higher priced items to protect yourself.

Security wise you can buy a random number generator from them that you are prompted to put in each time you access your account which is very nice and provides another layer of protection.

Never enter you password and log in from emails sent to you, they are spoofs from people trying to gain information to access your account (and your money). Paypal WILL NOT ask you to log in for information through an email (update account etc). For any information updates paypal will ask you for them when you log into your paypal account on paypal.com

I use paypal and I like it. As Pirate said they almost always side with the buyer even if you have tracking info...beware of that.