• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Group shot pics....

284 posts in this topic

tales from the crypt! man i loved that show when it used to air. i would love to read some of the actual comics!

They have been reprinted a ton of times, you should pick some up. The stories are about the best you will get from comics of any age or genre.

Great Crypts, testinadical!

Oneasian, if you want to read these, cheap reprints from the '90s are very easy to find and a great way to get started. The ECs from the 1950s had fantastic stories and art, and will totally hook you!

is it possible to buy a collected version of some sort?

and on another note:

crazy crazy group pics! so many Deathlok issues and in so many grades.

crazy

Oneasian, if you want to read these, cheap reprints from the '90s are very easy to find and a great way to get started. The ECs from the 1950s had fantastic stories and art, and will totally hook you!

and on another note:

crazy

Yeah, the Russ Cochran hardbacks on on eBay pretty often. Here is one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Complete-Tales-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

A pic from my obession with Uncanny #137 days....

That must have been torture, since all you had were copies of #118... confused-smiley-013.gif

I never claimed to be smart. Photo has been changed.

and on another note:

crazy

Yeah, the Russ Cochran hardbacks on on eBay pretty often. Here is one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Complete-Tales-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

cool, thanks!

i'll look into getting my hands on some of these

shy.gif Shock #9 is one of the best of the run. Andy, you NEED it!

Reed Crandall's "Carrion Death" is one of the best horror stories EC ever did, and the Bradbury story kicks arse. Go get it!

shy.gif Shock #9 is one of the best of the run. Andy, you NEED it! Reed Crandall's "Carrion Death" is one of the best horror stories EC ever did, and the Bradbury story kicks arse. Go get it!

I know, I have bid on a couple of copies but have yet to land it. I REALLY want to read October Game. I still haven't been able to track down Bradbury's orignal short story either. The only place I found it was in a collection of his complete works, which I didn't buy because I have so much of his stuff already. I remember the TFTC TV episode of "Carrion Death". Good stuff.

Bangzoom, I mean ..err. Andy.

I love it!

Nothing better then seeing more the one book in a screenshot.

Now, how can I add to the thread?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Reed Crandall's "Carrion Death" is one of the best horror stories EC ever did, and the Bradbury story kicks arse. Go get it!

What he said! grin.gif

Those 2 SSS #9 have a bit of a "stoner story" behind them. I love that cover, and the first copy I got was the one underneath. It's lower grade, so I wanted to upgrade it. I don't usually buy multiples, so I planned to sell the lower grade copy. I won the top #9, and as I was going through the first #9, double-checking the page count, I noticed that it was singed by Jack Kamen. The kicker is, I got that copy signed by him in person! 893whatthe.gif What a thing to forget! insane.gifforeheadslap.gif In my (weak) defense, he did sign a stack of ECs for me, so I lost track of this one.

gossip.gif (And the #13 is Frazetta's only solo work for EC).

What he said! grin.gif

Those 2 SSS #9 have a bit of a "stoner story" behind them. I love that cover, and the first copy I got was the one underneath. It's lower grade, so I wanted to upgrade it. I don't usually buy multiples, so I planned to sell the lower grade copy. I won the top #9, and as I was going through the first #9, double-checking the page count, I noticed that it was singed by Jack Kamen. The kicker is, I got that copy signed by him in person! 893whatthe.gif What a thing to forget! insane.gifforeheadslap.gif In my (weak) defense, he did sign a stack of ECs for me, so I lost track of this one.

so did you sell the issue and you forgot? or are you kicking yourself for wanting to sell it?

just took a pic of the area space above my computer screen. i thought it would be an interesting "group" pic:

comicwallvp0.jpg

i change the stuff on the wall whenver i have time. after the final papers are done, it's due for another change

What he said! grin.gif

so did you sell the issue and you forgot? or are you kicking yourself for wanting to sell it?

I bought the second copy about 3-4 years ago. I took that picture 30 minutes ago grin.gif

just took a pic of the area space above my computer screen. i thought it would be an interesting "group" pic:

comicwallvp0.jpg

i change the stuff on the wall whenver i have time. after the final papers are done, it's due for another change

I love the "Twisted Toyfare Theater" preview of "World War Hulk" you've got there in the bottom middle of the pic! 893applaud-thumb.gif