• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enrich Vampirella Art Day!

29 posts in this topic

Well, for all the Vampirella artwork that I own, I actually did not own any published covers from the original series. Until now, that is! I hadn't bought anything in almost 7 months, since I have been saving to buy an apartment (just signed the contract today cool.gif), but obviously this was not one to be passed up!

1724355-EnrichVampirella42Cover.jpg

It's by Enrich, of course, and is the cover to Vampirella #42 from the old Warren series. The image was "flipped" (reversed) for publication and is (I think) based on the pencilled pin-up by Jose Gonzalez from the inside back cover of issue #39 (which I also own).

Gene

1724355-EnrichVampirella42Cover.jpg.362e6b97c843b0d82b7cb89bdd41963d.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

Very nice art work.. .I really like the pencils!

Where did you buy? I'm in NYC and also looking!

Upper/central part of Greenwich Village, just off of 5th Ave. cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Very nice art work.. .I really like the pencils!

Where did you buy? I'm in NYC and also looking!

Upper/central part of Greenwich Village, just off of 5th Ave. cloud9.gif

Partyyyyy!!! headbang.gif

From someone with a slight affinity for Vampirella, really nice painting! Congrats. Nice bookend with your Gonzalez pencil piece too! Best, Steve.

Holy *spoon*...you got Morger to post?

Who's gonna pay the billable hours for the time it took him to draft it? poke2.gif

Hi Steve hi.gif

Chris

Holy *spoon*...you got Morger to post?

You have to know the secret handshake that only we Vampirella collectors know. grin.gif Either that or post a really nice Enrich, Gonzalez or Sanjulian piece. tongue.gif

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments! thumbsup2.gif I've got another couple of very nice Vampi acquisitions that I will post when they arrive (probably in the next week or so).

Gene

Heck, I've been known to post on occasion. smile.gif Just need to have something sufficiently great to make me want to crawl out of my hole. Gonzalez, Enrich, Sanjulian and the Warren stable normally can have that effect. Throw in some Dave Stevens, Jim Silke, Mike Bair and the other good girls guys and I'll be there for sure. smile.gif

For those of you that might not know, Sanjulian will be appearing at Super-Con in San Jose on June 2 & 3. He is doing commissions but we're getting dangerous close to the cut off time so he has time to finish them before he heads over from Spain. Bunch of other great guests too. Website is www.super-con.com.

Now back to talking about the hot girl in the red bathing suit! Best, Steve.

Great pickup Gene - congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

Is the original art a bit darker than the published cover?

Yes; I'll post another pic when it comes back from the frame shop.

Just got it back from the frame shop this weekend. I think it turned out well - the guy was pushing for me to go with a white matted background, but I'm glad I opted for the grey...

1741266-Vampirella42cover.jpg

1741266-Vampirella42cover.jpg.13156978d1f6908f3de123a55429c6d8.jpg

Just got it back from the frame shop this weekend. I think it turned out well - the guy was pushing for me to go with a white matted background, but I'm glad I opted for the grey...

Looks great! I think you made a wise choice with the grey.