• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The USAF Mildenhall Original Owner Collection

800 posts in this topic

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

OK, I am now in full possession of all of the facts, and we have a plan. grin.gif

Over the last few weeks, it has become increasingly difficult to pull out books from the OO collection in any reasonable numbers, that met the high standards of what had gone before. As previously explained, this collection was in no real order and perhaps 40+ boxes contained 10,000 items of wildly varying interest. These boxes were in storage in three different (small and confined) locations, and were mixed in with another 250 boxes of stuff. Some organising had been done when the collection had been originally purchased, hence the runs of titles that we saw initially.

However, the semi-organised stuff has now been exhausted and it's into the boxes we go. crazy.gif Firstly, we have to find the relevant boxes, which are guaranteed never to be at the top of the pile, but rather under another six. Then we have to go through them book by book, pulling out the 90s drek, pulling out the real low grade stuff, pulling out the UK pence copies. Maybe we hit pay-dirt and pull out forty sweet books. Maybe we come away with three frown.gif...and then it's on to the next box.

Problem is, we've set some real high standards so far...quality of the books, number of books listed weekly, the fact that there have been books every week...and the strain is beginning to tell.

So, the owner and myself have come up with a plan. What would make life a lot easier would be to have less boxes to sort through, and have the ability to get up a head of steam once again with 'stock' readily available. To do that, we need to shift some of the other stuff that's in those other 250 boxes, and whilst we're going througn things, slowly build a large stack of Mildenhall books that are in some sort of order. We're actually starting that process immediately, but we do have one final batch of OO books to list this week. Maybe 60-70 DC and Marvels, late 60s/early 70s books that should keep most of you happy. grin.gif Those will probably get listed Wednesday onwards, so watch this thread.

At the same time, I'll be starting up another thread with the VCC stuff at discount, and then adding to it over the coming weeks with whatever comes out of the boxes we're trying to move. We could go from low-grade early Silver, through high grade late 60s, to long runs of 70s stuff....who knows? What we won't be doing, however, is listing drek. I'm hoping that we'll be bringing books to the Marketplace that will command good solid interest and that will keep us going until we're in a position to kick-start the Mildenhall again. thumbsup2.gif

Whatever you say Nick, just keep the sig line coming. thumbsup2.gif

I'll second that 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, who gives a 893censored-thumb.gif about the books devil.gif.

Maybe 60-70 DC and Marvels, late 60s/early 70s books that should keep most of you happy. grin.gif Those will probably get listed Wednesday onwards, so watch this thread.

foreheadslap.gif

OK, it's been a mare of a week, so apologies to all. However, I'm finally ready to roll with these, so thought I'd help a bit with the Sunday evening blues. yay.gif

Atom #13

FN/VF (7.0)

$38

Atom13.jpg