• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW WHO WANTS A GREAT BIDDER?

35 posts in this topic

What about the cost of the shipping materials though? I pay a buck apiece for bubble cushioned mailers.

Do you charge for shipping materials? Are you UPFRONT with your customers about that cost? Otherwise it would be a "hidden cost", and NOT part of the agreement. If you want to charge for shipping materials then be UPFRONT about it. We both know what the result of that would be...a lack of bidders. When you go to the grocery store, and they ask you "paper or plastic", they don't charge you for that do they?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have sold a few things on Ebay too, so I have firsthand experience and know what "it" is like. I know that between eBay, PayPal and the Post Office, a person can feel nickel and dimed to death, but we should consider these things before selling and before deciding the opening bid amount.

Do you charge for shipping materials? Are you UPFRONT with your customers about that cost?

When I say $3.00 for shipping and handling, that is upfront. 2 bucks for postal fees and a buck for postal materials is about my cost for shipping the item, hence $3.00 shipping.

Phil

USPS Flat Rate envelopes are free, I do my bit for the world and recycle printer paper boxes by cutting them into nice 7.5 by 10.5 inch rectangles using my big old cutter. Put the book inside a Golden Age bag with a nice thick piece of cardboard, put it inside the USPS envelope. Off it goes! $3.95.

Well, its not like you're in Burma or something. Here's a bit of an inside tip - ONE book with cardboard and bag in a nice envelope, can weigh under 8 ounces. Said under 8 ounce book, shipped from Virginia to Vancouver direct to Greggy's house, cost $2.10 ((I do have to buy the envelopes, $1.75) last Thursday. If anybody charges you a fortune to ship to Canada, they are RIPPING YOU OFF. mad.gif

I will get off my soap box now.

Phil, why do I get the bad rap? Am I that bad? wink.gif Regardless of what you think about me, Darth is far worse! frown.gif So...lay off cameo boy! mad.gif

check this email i received from a seller asking why she charged me so much when the book arrived it was only $3 postage:

I did not overcharge you for shipping & handling.

My costs, which I passed on to you, are as follows:

$3.85 Priority mail

$2.00 Sturdyboard ($5.75 each), plastic bag, tape - which are not free

+$1.00 Handling charge - it's work for me to pack items up

-----

$6.85 Total

I noticed no extraneous marks at the time. Based on my research, you have gotten a really good deal.

sturdy board? it was a piece of cardbaord cut out from a box! am i the only one here getting sick, and this was from washington to california? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif