• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #129 cgc 9.4 with MJ insert on ebay

16 posts in this topic

Looks like it, it was originally owned by me! But I guess the only person to tell you that is him!

If it was, thats only a $20 mark up on what he won it for, and thats blown out with the final fees!

So there isn't a price difference if the 129 has the MJ insert or not? What about the difference between a 129 9.4 with White pages and compared to one with Off-White/White pages? A 9.4 copy with white pages just sold for $1,030 on Ebay. Shouldn't one with Off-White/White pages cost at least $50-100 less? As far as centering goes what does that mean? If the spine shows 1/16th inch white evenly from top to bottom is that centered or should there be no white showing and only the yellow cover.

So there isn't a price difference if the 129 has the MJ insert or not? What about the difference between a 129 9.4 with White pages and compared to one with Off-White/White pages? A 9.4 copy with white pages just sold for $1,030 on Ebay. Shouldn't one with Off-White/White pages cost at least $50-100 less? As far as centering goes what does that mean? If the spine shows 1/16th inch white evenly from top to bottom is that centered or should there be no white showing and only the yellow cover.

everyone has their own definition or what they like/not like to see on the cover. 1/16th straight down to me is fine but some people don't want any white at all. a centered oww page book may actually bring in more $ than a white pager that is sligtly off. All depends on the buyer.

in terms of a diff in price? i only know of 1 recent 9.4 with MJ insert that went in the $900s........maybe some other forum members have some sales history of those books??

hope i did the right thing,i did see one sell for less tha 1k about a week ago.

tim

all depends on whether u are flippin or keeping........the MJ insert copy was nice so I think u did ok...it was hype driven a bit but what can ya do? I have been hearing that it has been one of the most requested books at shows....

The last 9.4 with MJ sold for $910 about 3 weeks ago, it was a board members, which was traded from me! I gavce it up for $900 in trade value. FYI! Keep hold of it, its a nice book, but no flippin for a good few months.

Kev