• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers - Required Reading

38 posts in this topic

I just finished reading the Korvac Saga (my first Avengers story Arc), which I thoroughly enjoyed. Does anyone have any suggestions on what mini-run to work on next? It can be bronze or silver age circa.

Thanks.

Avengers 65 from 2003, the first part of Red Zone, was one of my favorites in the past five years. I love the old Avengers and have 53% of my high grade 1-200 run completed, but this issue reminded of the old Avengers cavalry riding in where others fear to tread. The scene with Vision dropping the two soldiers weapons out of the chopper so they would be light enough to carry two children to safety was a brilliant piece of character writing. To me, that one simple act is what it means to be a hero. Check it out.

164-166 is my favorite short arc however. wink.gif

Scott

The Red Zone arc is my favorite of the that run of Avengers.

A great maxi-series is Avengers Forever,a sort of sequel to the Kree-Skrull War that features Avengers from different eras tossed together thru an interesting time twist.

Avengers first run,around issue 275-280,where the Masters of Evil capture the mansion,beat Jarvis to a pulp and put the beating of a lifetime on one of Marveldoms toughest heroes.

I was going to suggest that arc. Great stuff.

I also love, issues 160, the Grim Reaper trying to determine whether Wonder Man or the Vision is truly his brother

and 161-162 another great Ultron story, and the origin of Jocasta

I enjoyed the Captain Marvel Starlin run 25 - 33 combined with Avengers Annual 7 and Marvel 2 in 1 Annual 2. At the time Starlin was considered the best of the best and this run was Starlin at his peak. It pretty much has it all - story, art, cosmic space war, all around classic 70's that influenced story lines for years and even decades to follow. Pick up the Death of Capt Marvel to round out the ending. Just a perfect little run of 10 or so comics.

Ed

I also love, issues 160, the Grim Reaper trying to determine whether Wonder Man or the Vision is truly his brother

and 161-162 another great Ultron story, and the origin of Jocasta

I was just going to mention this arc. I think I like this one as much as Korvac!

I enjoyed the Captain Marvel Starlin run 25 - 33 combined with Avengers Annual 7 and Marvel 2 in 1 Annual 2. At the time Starlin was considered the best of the best and this run was Starlin at his peak. It pretty much has it all - story, art, cosmic space war, all around classic 70's that influenced story lines for years and even decades to follow. Pick up the Death of Capt Marvel to round out the ending. Just a perfect little run of 10 or so comics.

Ed

Not to nitpick,but wasn't Avengers 125 the issue that tied into the Captain Marvel/Thanos run? Those two Annuals came out well after its conclision,though they did feature the same cast of characters.