• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going to Motor City Con?

38 posts in this topic

Is anyone going to the Motor City Con? If so, I wouldn't mind co-ordinating which day I attend. It would be a nice opportunity to shoot the *spoon* with other forum members.

As I haven't been in several years, are there any specific dealers I should plan on checking out?

Thanks

I was also considering Sunday.

As for dealers:

I usually check out Dale Roberts. He tends to have some real nice books but he doesn't give them away. He prices pretty close to Guide most of the time.

Motor City itself has a huge collection but I find a lot of it over-priced. I occasionally buy from them. The only other problem I have with some of their employees is they can be a little "full of themselves" at times.

Motor City itself has a huge collection but I find a lot of it over-priced. I occasionally buy from them. The only other problem I have with some of their employees is they can be a little "full of themselves" at times.

I'll be working for Mike Goldman on Saturday. I'll only admit to being friendly, eager to assist, and hopefully able to satisfy your collecting needs. ( I don't work on consignment either. ) I used to think Mike had high prices, until I noticed a lot of the books didn't last past the convention season. Dealers who set up on both coasts are pricing for a larger audience than the dollar-box local guys. Don't be afraid to haggle a little with the guys pictured in the back of the Price Guide. You'll probably do alright, unless it's an Action 13 or a Subby 32.

Hope to see everybody at the show. smile.gif

With Mike himself, I've had only good experiences. He's always been friendly and a gentleman. I have bought a couple of books from them, and there are some good deals occasionally. I bought a nice VF JLA#7 a couple of years ago. It was priced fairly. And, if they can get the higher prices, that's what business is all about.

While I'm not a 'dollar" box collector (I usually avoid them and I'm probably missing out on some gems.) I'm also not a HG collector with deep pockets. I'm sure I'll stop by, but it will be Sunday most likely.

Have a good time on Saturday, Detroit Mike. Are you looking for any books in particular?

I'll be there on Friday too. I'm not sure about Sunday?

I hope to find a Hulk 1 or a Tales of Suspense 39 in the vg range. And, I'm always game for digging in those dollar boxes. grin.gif What are you looking for?

Don't forget that Harley Yee will be there. He usually has a lot of nice books.

RE: Jerry Bails

i,

>

> Just a short note to let you know that the Celebration of Jerry Bails' Life

> is on for the Motor City Convention for Sat. afternoon (time to be announced

> later) Sat. May 19th. This takes place in Novi, Michigan which is west north

> west of Detroit off I-696. There is a website and I don't have the URL but

> google.com probably lists it.

>

> Oh boy! Now I have to get busy on a short presentation and on burning disc

> photos to display before the question and answer segment.

>

> Bestest,

> Jean Bails

I thought I'd pass this on for Jean Bails.

I'll be hunting for a F 6.0 copy of JLA #2 that's not priced like a VF 8.0 27_laughing.gif Besides that, I'll just scan my list and see what good deals there are pertaining to it. No feeling yet on what I want to focus on as a Plan B.

I usually check Harley out. He's a heck of a nice guy but I don't buy much from him. I find his pricing to be a bit on the high side. He hasn't had a nice JLA #2 in awhile. But I still check his place out every time. There's always a chance something will catch my eye.

October and I were thinking of making the trip on Sunday...I'll keep you posted thumbsup2.gif

Hey Brad, let me know. Maybe I'll carpool with youse guys... yay.gif

Sounds good Stevo!!! As soon as I get confirmation from Andy, I'll let you know thumbsup2.gif

October and I were thinking of making the trip on Sunday...I'll keep you posted thumbsup2.gif

Sounds good Stevo!!! As soon as I get confirmation from Andy, I'll let you know thumbsup2.gif

Confirmed. makepoint.gif

Confirmed. makepoint.gif

SaaaaWeeeeT!!!! Hey Drew, you think Win is up for a road trip????