• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #37

72 posts in this topic

...and is it only me, or is there something odd about this self congratulating award?

Kindof like giving yourself a nickname?

It's like the old joke, "Why do dogs lick their balls?" 27_laughing.gif

...and is it only me, or is there something odd about this self congratulating award?

..because cats won't do it for them? confused-smiley-013.gif

Is it true that the Overstreet Advisors receive advance copies of the book? I've heard this happens in the coin industry, but I'm not sure about comics. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy

Advisors and advertisers but it only comes 1-3 days early.

Thanks Marc, that's what I was looking for. Cheers! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

..because cats won't do it for them? confused-smiley-013.gif

I hear greggy is always available... confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anybody have scans of what the two covers are for this upcoming edition of the guide?

If I remember correctly, the covers were pretty bad this year. Need to give myself some lead time to pick the lesser of the two evils. 27_laughing.gif

BTW: Did anybody have a favorite OS cover from the past. It seems that a lot of collectors used to like the Porky Pig cover by Barks. This was actually the first OS that I brought off the newsstand. thumbsup2.gif

And here are the covers. I think the bookstore version will be the same cover as the spiral bound DD one:

https://secure.fandata.com/over_form_merch.cfm

Oh yes, now I remember these two covers.

A bit out of character for Overstreet since covers in the past were generally linked back to the GA and SA periods. These two covers are definitely from the MA with the Marvel characters and the waif-like Supergirl look.

Going to be a hard choice deciding between the two of these. Especially considering that Supergirl should probably eat something to put some meat on her bones. But I guess this is the current hot look that was started by Michael Turner with his Supergirl covers.

Oh yes, now I remember these two covers.

How could you forget????

Those are the worst covers I have ever seen on an overstreet.

The typography as well as layout and illustrations look very rookie

and doesn't represent a series that has been in business for almost

40 years well at all.

Normally these trates wouldn't be so bad, but when the book is about

comics one would think that the lettering, layout and illustrations would

be top notch - and not such a lackluster effort.

tongue.gif

BTW: Did anybody have a favorite OS cover from the past..?

Any cover not by JK Snyder III sumo.gif Who is he and how did he get the cover job(s)?

I would also agree with this assessment.

Have never really cared for his style of art from the books I have seen. Have not seen much from him lately, so I guess a lot of other purchasers would also agree with our assessment.

Hmmm.......definite connection to John K. Snyder Jr. who is Geppis' top man when it comes to the collectibles side of his empire. Actually, Snyder has a long history in the collectibles game including having many of the Church keys at one point in time. Current job is quite a contrast to his previous government job which saw him rising all the way to the Acting Under Secretary's job in the Department of Commerce.

There's no one who can lecture about collectibles like Snyder...

not a great listener, but quite a promoter for the latest craze be it collectible rings, CGC or the Victorian Age.

Any cover not by JK Snyder III sumo.gif Who is he and how did he get the cover job(s)?

What difference does it make who or what the covers look like? It's only good for a year, before new covers come out anyway.

Besides, those people who buy them every year, would buy them if Greggy was on the cover.

What difference does it make who or what the covers look like? It's only good for a year, before new covers come out anyway.

Besides, those people who buy them every year, would buy them if Greggy was on the cover.

acclaim.gif

acclaim.gif
Maybe not. 893naughty-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif
Maybe not. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Its not old but I love The Marvel 1 cover on thre Overstreet Hardcover Edition