• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Universe...Dead or Alive?

23 posts in this topic

I guess it's just me, but I don't see it.

First, why does it have to be either/or? They both can and have co-existed.

They can both exxist, which is what we have now. However, the quality is diminished for both, which is what we have now.

I would rather have the UU non-existant, and have Marvel go back to focusing on their core titles. Stop the major cross-overs for a time, and just get better writers and stories.

Hmmm... kind of what DC is doing/did?

I agree with Deathlok. I'd rather have one or two great books per month than five or more mediocre/bad books per month. Marvel has it right with Daredevil (one title per month) and wrong with others I don't read but hear about (such as Avengers).

I only read UFF in the Ultimate line, and while the Thanos story was a snoozer, the latest Diablo story is pretty good although the FF's dialogue, especially Reed Richard's, in the beginning of the latest issue was severely out of character.

Mark my words...both universes will merge within the next 5 years and probably sooner as the novelty of the Ultimates continues to dwindle. It's inevitable and you can see them toying with the concept in articles. Where once it was fiercely denied, I've noticed a softening in Joey Q's position over the last year when the topic comes up. If I had to make a definitive guess, I'd say within the next two years we'll see a huge crossover that'll make Civil War look tame. Essentially Marvel's "Crisis"...

Jim