• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM MTU#1

11 posts in this topic

Ok, this one has me stumped. Overall look of VF+ (had this one at 8.0\8.5) but there's a weird sticky residue (not guilty) on the BC. Staining is visible from inside the book (kind of as if someone had sprayed the cover with perfume or aftershave). No idea how to grade it - thoughts appreciated as always.

MTU.jpg

MTU0001.jpg

untitled.jpg

I'm thinking that nice as the front looks, the stickiness/staining would have to drop it below Fine...

5.0/5.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

Picked up as an eBay 9.0 makepoint.gif

Dude . . . I hope you got an "adjustment" confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm thinking that nice as the front looks, the stickiness/staining would have to drop it below Fine...

5.0/5.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

Picked up as an eBay 9.0 makepoint.gif

Dude . . . I hope you got an "adjustment" confused-smiley-013.gif

Was only back in the hobby a few months and still wet behind the ears when I picked this up so the staining passed me by (FC looked ok, so I didn't think to give the book a thorough going over). Would 'out' the seller but my old eBay account has long been deleted (it was hijacked) and my buyer notes are on an old PC thats gone the way of the Dodo.

I just looked through the second edition of the OS Grading Guide. This is definitely nicer than a 5.0 according to the book. There is a Fine Plus (p. 228) that has tape residue on the front cover, minor water damage and some soiling on the back (although not as much as yours). I think that this is a solid Fine and maybe a Fine Plus.

Mike