• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lighthouse's first eBay auctions in nearly 3 years!!!

28 posts in this topic

That's right. Beginning today, Lighthouse is listing some assorted stuff on eBay for the first time since July of 2004.

Link to creamy goodness...

You won't believe the pent-up demand for these books! Okay, the books may not be that great (other than a book that gijoed is probably going to win). But if nothing else, you get that patented Lighthouse Witty Item Description™.

See what Lighthouse is selling!

See the ludicrous descriptions people will be talking about tomorrow!

Save tons of money because no one else will be bidding!

Start your own collection of comics featuring shoes carved from blocks of cheese!

Learn the ultimate secret for killing household pests!

And most importantly, learn what really killed the Iron Fist title back in the 1970s...

Some auctions are up now. Others are added minute-by-minute for the next few hours. A small handful of nicer books will launch at 9:30pm Eastern tonight.

Come one come all... Board members save $4 on shipping. Just drop me a PM at auction close and I will give you the discount. thumbsup2.gif

I especially like this line from your IF #14 auction.

"If someone was of a mind to crack this book out and press it, they might have an easy 9.4 or 9.6 on their hands."

My great-aunt Esmerelda is probably going to kill me if she reads my Venom description... foreheadslap.gif

I had fun with this round. Been so long since I did my descriptions I had a few saved up. Long-time board members will remember what I used to put in my CGC auctions. Just hope I lived up to the hype here. thumbsup2.gif

Check out my store. I just added thousands of comic books in my inventory. Just click my siggy!

Not cool to come and drop a post like this advertising your store in someone elses thread.

893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif I thought it was a 'House shill ebay id at first 27_laughing.gif I just couldn't make the connection between House and Incans?

I especially like this line from your IF #14 auction.

"If someone was of a mind to crack this book out and press it, they might have an easy 9.4 or 9.6 on their hands."

Dunno if you noticed, but after three different people messaged me asking what those bends looked like I finally posted a huge scan of them. Maybe it will sell like a 9.4? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well hey yourself!

Okay... time for a contest...

Please note that 21% of the time that I hold contests on these boards, no actual prizes are ever given away. 83% of the 21% of the time is because Bugaboo wins and he doesn't want to give me his mailing address. 7% of the 21% of the time is because the winner is too embarrassed to claim a prize. The other 10% of the 21% can be broken down into three categories. First are the...

Oh heck with it...

Anyway. Here's the contest!

Guess the hammer price of the Triple Cover Tomb of Dracula 8! Post your guess in the thread!

Closest guess gets a free copy of Peter Parker: One Small Break. Second closest gets two copies... No, wait, that sucks even for me...

Closest guess gets two free copies of Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 TP, the limited "Platinum Edition" that strangely lists for a lot in some price guides. Second and third closest each get one copy.

Entries must be posted by one hour before the auction closes. thumbsup2.gif