• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jose Gonzalez Vampirella Art Day!

43 posts in this topic

I've heard different things from different people. Since I don't know for sure, I'd prefer not to speculate. Only thing I do know is that I haven't been able to get him to come over for the show. For those who know my collection, he's one I'd truly love to have come over for Super-Con.

We're very happy to have Sanjulian, and even moreso considering the spectacular commissions he's done for some of his fans for the show. I just received a package of the first wave of commissions and they are spectacular. When I get them scanned in, I will start shipping them to the purchasers. Can't wait for the next batch. Best, Steve.

Ah, what the heck - here's the link to the only Sanjulian in my collection (also just posted today)!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=309494&GSub=48157&GCat=0&UCat=0

That is beautiful. It makes my sanjulian look like toilet paper. But I can't afford a nice piece like that so I have to settle for a small head sketch.

Ah, what the heck - here's the link to the only Sanjulian in my collection (also just posted today)!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=309494&GSub=48157&GCat=0&UCat=0

That is beautiful. It makes my sanjulian look like toilet paper. But I can't afford a nice piece like that so I have to settle for a small head sketch.

If you no longer want your Sanjulin piece let me know. I'll give it a more deserving home.

Well, the first of 5 recent original art purchases arrived today (I'll be posting the others as they arrive). Here's the page 3 splash from Vampirella #59 by the incomparable Jose Gonzalez - definitely a very memorable image: (worship)

53795-JoseGonzalezVampirella59pg3splash.jpg.d4cebb54d578d33ed0713487eed4e820.jpg

Great page. Pepe had a very good sense of design along with being a great draftsman.

So glad we can view large images of these original Warren pages on CAF's site.

Anyone hear if Pepe is recovering from his Cancer. I wish him and his family all the best.

Great page. Pepe had a very good sense of design along with being a great draftsman.

So glad we can view large images of these original Warren pages on CAF's site.

Anyone hear if Pepe is recovering from his Cancer. I wish him and his family all the best.

I haven't heard anything. I've been in touch with Sanjulian but I haven't asked him if Pepe is doing ok.

I have been asking around though to some of the older artists because I hope he gets well!

For some reason, getting new Jose Gonzalez Vampirella art never seems to get old for me! I saw a scan of this unpublished pin-up from 2001 several years ago and jumped at the chance to buy it when it came up for sale last week. What I was not prepared for, however, was how gorgeous it would be in person - the scan I saw was a little overexposed and washed out and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was when I unwrapped it today (no matter how many photos I took, I couldn't find one that does it the justice it deserves, unfortunately :sorry:).

It looks stunning, rivalling the best of Pepe's published frontispieces when you see it in person, on an enormous, immaculate sheet of 19.5" x 25.5" white art board. Needless to say, I could not be more thrilled! :cloud9:

67110.jpg.81e7bbeb332897b8383af3594cbf8117.jpg