• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mad #1 CGC 9.8 Gaines File Copy On Ebay

88 posts in this topic

There are now SIX CGC 9.8 copies of Mad #1. :pullhair:

One of them is in the current Heritage auction.

Mad #1 CGC 9.8

wow, same number as cgc copies of 3.5....are they worth about the same? :baiting:

They seem to sell as often. :boo:

But it is a sweet book still! :cloud9:

Anyone else want to share the love? <3 hm:hi:

Wow Mark, I know we have mixed words before.. but man.. I just cannot bring myself to poke you with a stick this time.

I once bought a bag of secret flavor Doritos at the Supermarket as an impulse buy. And they sucked(tasted like cheeseburgers)

Does that count?

Ze-

:foryou:

Man, I'd hate to be the guy who paid over $20K for a copy on an impulse! :baiting:

Time to dump the book and cut your losses, methinks.

Or buy up every 9.8 copy that appears on the market. :P

No more impulse buys for me. :sorry::(

As your friend, I'm appointing myself your "" cop. Everytime you think of buying something big on an impulse. If I think so, I will say

"NO, . You can't buy that."

Wow Mark, I know we have mixed words before.. but man.. I just cannot bring myself to poke you with a stick this time.

I once bought a bag of secret flavor Doritos at the Supermarket as an impulse buy. And they sucked(tasted like cheeseburgers)

Does that count?

Ze-

:foryou:

I like cheesburgers. :banana:

Fortunately everything always works out in the end. I'll make money off of it one day! :golfclap:

Man, I'd hate to be the guy who paid over $20K for a copy on an impulse! :baiting:

showcase 4! (I wish I collected SA books, as yours is the nicest I have ever seen!)

gator

showcase 4! (I wish I collected SA books, as yours is the nicest I have ever seen!)

gator

Yea, over $100k in impulse buys.

It works out sometimes. That's also how I snagged the All American #16 CGC 4.5 and Detective #31 CGC 5.0.

I'd say those worked out fine, wouldn't you? :hi:

gator

It works out sometimes. That's also how I snagged the All American #16 CGC 4.5 and Detective #31 CGC 5.0.

See, those two books, I would have said "Go right ahead!" :D

Hindsight always has perfect vision, doesn't it? I remember buying books from Comic Keys thinking, WOW.. I did great. doh!

And besides, impulse buys are what makes this hobby fun. I just think you need to redefine what you allow as an impulse buy and call Dan for his blessing before pulling the trigger, as long as he can do the same.

We all chase things sometimes that defy logic.

Ze-

gator

wish I had of been faster on the AA16...but the tec 31 is neyessssssssssssse

gator

gator

See, those two books, I would have said "Go right ahead!" :D

When I bought them in, 2004 I think (or maybe 2005), you'd be surprised how many people were saying otherwise! :gossip:

I guess old Gaines really had his system down pretty good for putting aside NICE MINTY copies by the time Mad came out.... sigh

I haven't seen any other issue garner 9.8s then this one. Then again, at least one (mine unfortunately) took a couple of tries before it reached 9.8.

I guess old Gaines really had his system down pretty good for putting aside NICE MINTY copies by the time Mad came out.... sigh

How come the only EC I really want, the Weird Science & Fantasy with the Frazetta cover, doesn't seem to have a bunch of nice minty Gaines copies?

Hey Mark,

Sure maybe you paid a healthy chunk for the Mad 1, but ultimately you have a cool book in incredible`shape so if you never sell it, who cares.

Greg

I like your attitude Greg!! :headbang:

I'm not worried. It's healthy to be able to be self-deprecating at times about one's purchases. Seward's Folly turned out to be pretty good after all! ;)