• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take a good look at my Man-Thing

26 posts in this topic

For the lurkers and the ease of grading:

Your comments are greatly appreciated, I ust know that some prefer to lurk or keep comments to themselves. So, please post comments, observations, or questions if you have them.

That's a mighty nice lookin' Man-Thing you got there ... wink.gif

What I see:

1) Ever-so-slight blunting at the top of the spine

2) Rounded upper right corner on front cover (a bit less on back)

3) Is that a bend on the upper left corner of the back?

4) The spine looks a little wrinkled/creased from the back, tho' I don't see any color-breakers on the front.

5) Staples are a bit bent???

Otherwise, nice color saturation and centering.

What are the pages like?

I'd say 9.2 (if that isn't a bend). 9.0, otherwise.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I give your Man-Thing a 9.4.

First of all its so shiny and glossy (lubrication maybe?)

And you better put it back into is plastic wrap before you do some serious damage (create a little Man-Thing).

Hey who knocked me down to 2 stars???

893frustrated.gif

You are at one star now (not my doing - haven;t voted yet so be effusive in your compliments to my posts). Probably jealous haters of the 20 cent bargain finders. Dam them! Dam them to heck!

TRC edge not as sharp as others

I knew that this would be the big dinger on the book. It was the only really big defect that I saw on the book, of course now that some other issues have been brought to my attention I can look at those to.

I had suspected the book would be a 9.4. It seems the votes are in the 9.2 and 9.4 range so I must not be that bad of a grader. Hey someone gave it a 9.6, I guess crack really can mess up ones perception. Then again, a few people had it below 9.0, I just hope that those people were not actually CGC graders on a coffee break or I am screwed. grin.gif

I thank everybody for their participation. To be truthful, I was test driving a new scanner and wanted to see what the scans looked like on the net and this was the book that I grabbed out of the closest box.

Thanks again. grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey who knocked me down to 2 stars???

893frustrated.gif

You are at one star now (not my doing - haven;t voted yet so be effusive in your compliments to my posts). Probably jealous haters of the 20 cent bargain finders. Dam them! Dam them to heck!

Oh it's you povertyrow. You must be like the guru or the comic world. grin.gif

It's okay I should start at the bottom anyway.

btw - my book was only the #1, 40 cent, 1979 version. worth a meager $7.00 in NM condition.

Russell

I give your Man-Thing a 9.4.

First of all its so shiny and glossy (lubrication maybe?)

And you better put it back into is plastic wrap before you do some serious damage (create a little Man-Thing).

27_laughing.gif

Man, what a thing.

Something else funny...remember the character's old slogan? "Whoever knows fear burns at the Man-Thing's touch!"

Talk about sexual innuendo... smirk.gif

BOYFRIEND: "C'mon girl. It's my Man-Thing..."

GIRLFRIEND: "Get that thing away from me!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Of course, if she's a really bad girl and LOVES your Man-Thing that means she may love OTHER Man-Thing's as well....

Once that happens her THING may become a SWAMP THING... grin.gif

(I have too much time on my hands frown.gif)