• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

Guest Grails
I need another hint. :sumo:

+ 1

Gents, your one and only hint:

One of the actors in this movie has also appeared in Apocalypse Now.

i think i have a good idea... the pain is getting the movie and watching it to find the t shirt

:eek:

One of those 80's movies that once you get to the scene, you turn off the movie, yank the DVD out, and immediately take it back to the rental company to get it out of the house?

I take that back. If Charlie caught this, it has to be something with class that he would have been watching to spot the shirt.

1) Witness (1985, Harrison Ford) - I don't think the shirt would have fit in with the Amish.

2) True Confessions (1981, Robert Duvall) - Set in the 1940's, so the wrong period of time for a shirt like that.

3) Colors (1988, Robert Duvall) - Unless it was wrapped around someone's head, ...

4) Pee-Wee's Playhouse (1986-1987, Laurence Fishburne) - Cowboy Curtis, a high point for Laurence Fishburne's career. But it's a TV show.

This is tough!

:frustrated:

Well Brando was in Apocalypse Now and Superman. I haven't seen Superman in ages, but a DC reference in the movie would not seem out of order (shrug)

I like the way you are thinking, but Superman is 1978 and Charlie had stated it was a 1980's movie.

Well Brando was in Apocalypse Now and Superman. I haven't seen Superman in ages, but a DC reference in the movie would not seem out of order (shrug)

I like the way you are thinking, but Superman is 1978 and Charlie had stated it was a 1980's movie.

:tonofbricks:

Guest Grails
I take that back. If Charlie caught this, it has to be something with class that he would have been watching to spot the shirt.

1) Witness (1985, Harrison Ford) - I don't think the shirt would have fit in with the Amish.

2) True Confessions (1981, Robert Duvall) - Set in the 1940's, so the wrong period of time for a shirt like that.

3) Colors (1988, Robert Duvall) - Unless it was wrapped around someone's head, ...

4) Pee-Wee's Playhouse (1986-1987, Laurence Fishburne) - Cowboy Curtis, a high point for Laurence Fishburne's career. But it's a TV show.

This is tough!

I wouldn't call it a classy movie, just a fun 80's flick that I wanted to revisit. It was of course better in the 80's. You can never go home.

This is tough!

"Larry" Fishburne was in "Band of the Hand" :sick:

"Larry" Fishburne was in "Band of the Hand" :sick:

I caught that yesterday when watching scenes on Youtube to try and spot the shirt.

Charlie sure brought back movie memories with this contest.

Martin Sheen in Dead Zone :applause:

James Keane in Buckaroo Banzai :applause: (I forgot Clancy "Goon" Brown is in this too)

Kerry Rossall in Red Dawn :applause: