• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT IS UP WITH PAYPAL and PENDING PAYMENTS??

8 posts in this topic

Hi:

I recently sold my Supey 1 on Ebay and the payment is STILL pending from August 6, 2003 and I contacted Paypal whom advised that due to the amount of money $2500 USD, that the need to VERIFY the funds, yet the buyer paid successfully, I smell a rat here. The Customeer service agent I contacted at Paypal said it was OK to ship out the Supey 1 as the buyer had successfully paid, Than why are the funds still pending?? I receive many payments of this nature and the has never occured!!

Is anyone else experiencing Pending payment issues with Paypal??

Don't send out anything Paypal related until the funds clear and are transferred away from the connected account... if its costly anyway. There are strategies i suggest in the following threads to cover your arse.

Paypal fees

More New Paypal info and strategies

BTW.. pending payments are usually an "e-check" if I'm not mistaken.

Paypal claims they review bank transfers on an individual basis. it's touched on in one of those 2 links. I've noticed that somewhere around the $2,000-$3000 mark they may choose to force an attempted instant bank transfer to be an "e-check" where they have time to verify the funds. They want to protect themselves obviously. The cynic in me also thinks its possble they do this to "slow down" large payments for which they receive no fees. If someone wants to transfer a large sum via bank funds and in the process discovers it would be a "e-check" that takes several business days to clear... maybe some are forced to use the credit card (2.2 to 2.9%)

It probably was a Echeck i just got a few of those and it took 3 days to clear but they were in the US. Yours might take longer because they are from the UK. I hope it clears because you could probably get screwed since you sent it already.

Chris

It is not an Echeck but Paypal does state that the money was received successfully by my buyer, so I just imagine that it is taking longer to post to my bank account due to the AMOUNT of the transaction so that Paypal can VERIFY the funds. I hope this make sense