• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavy Metal 1-12 Binder?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this limited binder. I posted a picture.

It has issues 1-12 (not reprints) in a white binder. The books aren't bound. But they can't be taken out easy. A metal pin lays on top of each centerfold keeping them tighly placed. I'm uploading some images. These images arn't the best but should do the trick.

233427-smallh.jpg.0ecbf0e193adcfaed5544ea3c1929a0d.jpg

it was a mail-away item you could get from Heavy Metal publishing. It was advertised in the back of the magazine in the late 70s, at least. It has little metal spines that run through your magazine and attach to the binder at little hook thingies. Lots of magazines had these binders - I know from personal experience that lots of kids magazines (Ranger Rick, Highlights, Cricket) had them. I have had several 1940s and 50s Classics Illustrated binders like this. The binder is pretty cool though, and for a Heavy Metal completist, you might be able to get a nice little return for it.