• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My rant against gamers

69 posts in this topic

and get all elitist about it and then embrace another geek hobby (comics)

----------------------------

Fool! We are sequential art collectors. It's on par with collecting fine art.....

Here's the difference: My wife sort of tolerates the comics, collecting sufficiently vintage ones is actually almost socially respectable. Granted, the OCD some of us exhibit about this stuff would freak most non-sequential art collectors out, but I digress. In any event, I'm pretty sure I'd have to sleep, permanently, in thet guest room if I became a gamer, although she probably wouldn't mind if I sat quiely in the den painting figurines if I had done my other chores around the house (which is, of course, a physical impossibility because I sleep 4-6 hours a day, work 10-11 hours a day, commute an hour a day and I am usually given 16 hours a day of chores).

I can't wait until I the third floor of our house into a home for my comics!!!

Fool! We are sequential art collectors. It's on par with collecting fine art.....

Sure pal, suuuuuuuuure. You just keep telling yourself that. cool.gif

Here's the difference: My wife sort of tolerates the comics, collecting sufficiently vintage ones is actually almost socially respectable. Granted, the OCD some of us exhibit about this stuff would freak most non-sequential art collectors out, but I digress. In any event, I'm pretty sure I'd have to sleep, permanently, in thet guest room if I became a gamer, although she probably wouldn't mind if I sat quiely in the den painting figurines if I had done my other chores around the house (which is, of course, a physical impossibility because I sleep 4-6 hours a day, work 10-11 hours a day, commute an hour a day and I am usually given 16 hours a day of chores).

well spoken. My lady handles the comics...but she wouldnt put up with gaming *spoon*.

sign-funnypost.gifMan, I'm almost pizzing my pants.

Back in Omaha I changed my LCS due to gamers. Nothing personal against them but every Sunday (which was my comic shopping day) they would lay a huge piece of plywood over the back issues and have a big group playing a game. So I couldn't get to all the back issues and it made access to some of the new comics difficult. And it made me feel unwelcome. So I left.
That sounds like how mine makes me feel.

For example my kids play warhammer

As a 3-time Warhammer Grand Tournament Overall Winner, and 4-time Player's Choice winner, OrangeNemesis, you can kiss my *spoon*. insane.gif

you're going to say that buying and reading comic books, then sealing them in plastic cases, and spending hours alone at a keyboard bragging on the internet at how MINT and RARE your comics are is somehow cool? But spending time with other human beings playing social, interactive games over food and beer is for nerds?

YOU, sir, are the nerd who needs to get out of our miniature wargaming stores!

sumo.gif

that's minty fresh on ebay....