• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Boost The Price of a Low Grade Comic

27 posts in this topic

What am I missing here? This signature will not increase substantially the value of this book, in fact I'd be surprised if it increased it at all.

What's the motive then? Hope that it will increase the value?

There are thousands of Stan autographs out there - and they all look similar - not exactly the same.

Wow, as Steve Stills once proclaimed, "Paranoia runs deep..."

Most avid comic collectors know his autograph is very easy to get. However, to the casual fan, they assume it's the holy grail of sigs, just like people think if they rip the outer cover off the action #1 reprint, nobody will be able to tell the difference, which non comic collecting people with eyes to get rich quick can't, hence why people here tend to police ebay rather thoroughly around here..

I had Stan Lee sign a book for me at an LCS in maybe '88. This was when Marvel had a HQ in the SFV.

After his name he added Exclesior and the year. I assumed that he did this whenever he signed, but maybe not..

If I can find it I will scan the page and post it

Policing and witch hunts are 2 different things.

If you don't agree with the premise that someone might try to make gold out of lead by adding a fake signature to a low grade beater, fine. But it's a perfectly plausible possibility. I've seen $5 VGs with Jack Kirby signatures sell for $40 - $50. So what's so implausible about someone adding a fake Lee to get more money for a beater?

Is everything you don't agree with a witchhunt? Get a grip and just go away if you don't like the thread.