• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
11 11

828 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2024 at 6:02 PM, ThothAmon said:

You are so right. Definitely one of my favorites. 

IMG_8795.jpeg

My Aunt turned me, my sister and my (then) 2 cousins iinto comic readers in the summer of '67. She pulled into Granny and Poppa's house in her Chevelle convertible. She was a Rookie HS P.E. Teacher and had collected comics from her students to ship to the soldiers in 'Nam, not much older than they were. Unfortunately, postage half way around the world was almost as much as a year's pay. The kids didn't want them back, so we got 'em. The trunk was full and we each got a stack as tall as we were. Mostly Marvel's and DC. There were a LOT of FF, ASM, and THOR. Some were coverless or water damaged, just horrible shape, but complete :cloud9:  To this day, when I see mid 60's FF's and Thors in top shape, they look "funny". I was introduced to what were likely tree fort copies and I was never the same ...An FF 47 in rough shape is etched forever in my memory, the first book I claimed for my pile. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 9/15/2024 at 11:16 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Stickers on the bag are "original" from probably 1974 or 1975.  Someday I might get this book slabbed just to see how CGC grading 50 years later compares.

JIM - 113.jpg

Without seeing the whole thing, I don't think a 6.0 would be out of the question.