• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie "Comic Book Villians". So who sits at the table?

59 posts in this topic

The movie was garbage! (Pronounced "ghar-baj" to give it that ULTRA-crappy feel.)

Sadly, it was a Christmas gift so now it sits in my DVD collection... smack-dab between GOOD movies like "Better Off Dead" and "The Emperor's New Groove"... mocking me... laughing at me... JUDGING ME!

And here I sit. Paralyzed by the Curse of Given Gifts. But one day I will have my revenge. One day, that DVD will taste the fury of my golden spray and it will be a bitter offering. Oh yes, that will be a beverage most ... most... most non-salacious-- er, DELICIOUS! NON-DELICIOUS! Yes. That's right.

One day, that DVD will taste the fury of my golden spray and it will be a bitter offering.

I thought you only gave "golden showers" to greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif

One day, that DVD will taste the fury of my golden spray and it will be a bitter offering.

sumo.gif

Damn, it appears that the power is back on in whatever miserable corner of the globe is made still MORE miserable by the presence of a certain tight-panted comic collecting Canuck! 893frustrated.gif It's too soon! Too soooooooonnnnnn...

sumo.gif

Damn, it appears that the power is back on in whatever miserable corner of the globe is made still MORE miserable by the presence of a certain tight-panted comic collecting Canuck! 893frustrated.gif It's too soon! Too soooooooonnnnnn...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey! Is your quote a crack on diabetics?!?!?!?!? Boy, if my retinas hadn't just deteriorated, I'd stick a needle in your spleen!

Go walk on some hot coals. You won't feel it. insane.gif

Hey! Is your quote a crack on diabetics?!?!?!?!? Boy, if my retinas hadn't just deteriorated, I'd stick a needle in your spleen!

Amazingly, neither blindness nor unipedality is as terrifying a consequence as............... well, as not being able to "raise the mainsail."

BRB. I've gotta go check my blood sugar. 893whatthe.gif

Amazingly, neither blindness nor unipedality is as terrifying a consequence as............... well, as not being able to "raise the mainsail."

BRB. I've gotta go check my blood sugar. 893whatthe.gif

Forget that....just go for a hike up a steep hill with no water or food. Make sure you take your insulin prior to it! confused-smiley-013.gif

I loved this movie.You have to rent this movie as any collector or dealer would enjoy it.

I am not sure if some of you guys watched the same movie as me?

I thought it was absolutely terrible, embarrasingly bad. Poorly written, ridiculously over the top, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

makepoint.gif

I loved this movie.You have to rent this movie as any collector or dealer would enjoy it.

I thought it was absolutely terrible, embarrasingly bad. Poorly written, ridiculously over the top, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

makepoint.gif

Bring it on home! You talking truth!

makepoint.gif

Bring it on home! You talking truth!

OK, now I've gotta check this one out, if only for the train wreck effect! Oddly enough, the writer/director is James Robinson, who also was credited with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen screenplay. insane.gif But Robinson was responsible for one of the few bright spots in the late 1990s mainstream comics scene: his Starman series with Tony Harris. Oh well, if his Hollywood career tanks, maybe we can get more great comics from him as consolation.

Cheers,

Z.

This is an odd movie!!!! Im not sure if the movie intended to be a comedy or serious in many parts. Its rated R and there certainly are a couple of raunchy parts not for little kids. I say this cause when you think comics, you think of fun for the whole family. Not so with this movie. I enjoyed it only cause I know in my area there absolutely was rivalry between stores. Price wars!! Whose store had the best silver and gold wall candy!! Etc. The mention of San Diego and Mile High I thought was interesting. The movie does not put comic stores in a good light but the movie was interesting only cause its the first movie I have seen regarding comic stores.

What is the movie with Mark Hamill that is supposed to come out regarding comics. Anyone know the premise or plot?