• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase New England/Dan Greenhalgh answers questions

438 posts in this topic

RE: Flaming Telepath...

I feel your pain...If I had that many bad experiences with a company....I would write them off too.

I accept your comments and past problems with us as being truthful. Further, I have addressed some of your comments in my previous posts...for example....disclosure of restoration.

Our standards have improved quite a bit in the last few years...and our record does show that the vast majoority of people buying from us are happy with their purchases.....the proof is in that we have the highest repeat ratio of all comic book retailers on Ebay (as far as I know)...so we can't be as as we were with you, all of the time.

You may have just had a bad run of luck...a lot of bad luck.

But I don't blame you for feeling as you do. I would feel the same way.

Thanks for writing...its good to hear this kind of constructive criticism.

Was it anyones post in particular that finally made you decide to join the board to explain your own point of view on things?

gossip.gif I think he read the cover story in the latetest issue of Wired.

RE;Artboy

Generally, we don't permit lot splitting. Otherwise collectors would keep the books they want, and send the rest back.

On occasion we do permit lot splitting when there are many books involved, and the book is o some value.

However, as a practical matter, when someone complains about a book in a lot...and the book is immaterial value wise in relation to the lot and purchase as a whole....we often offer a full refund on the book and allow you to keep it as well.

Especially if we are dealing with a repeat buyer who doesn't have a history of trying to take advantage of our policies.

I've been watching this thread longer than I meant to...I know you answered me before and said that when things were missing, etc, and you trusted the person (I'm paraphrasing) you would refund...I didn't go over each transaction we have had, some you did refund, some I had to return, probably the last one...so..my question is...

Since you don't have time to look at the books carefully, why don't you pay the return postage if you make an error? Of course not all of our transactions were errors, some I was very pleased with, or I would not have kept bidding... just the last few...

I'm thinking of an Adventure 103 I bought from you, that had a missing centerfold, you did offer me a rebate and I kept it, because frankly, by the time I paid the postage each way, it wasn't worth returning (I'm STILL looking for a coverless one, btw)...but frankly, I would have been more likely to continue buying if the postage wasn't an issue...that might actually be a good thing to consider changing:?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I only had one purchase with Dan / Showcase New England. I bought a Fantastic Four 1 about a year and half ago through an Ebay auction. The book in my opinion was/is accurately graded and the transaction was trouble free. I had one too many bad experiences on Ebay and for my largest purchase ever I wanted to buy from a dealer I could trust. Showcase did not let me down. I would buy from him again.

this may have gotten lost in the previous nice pages of posts....

thanks for the reply...i should have been more clear...what about collectors coming to view books at your location (not involving ebay or auctions at all)....just to schedule an appointment to view books? possible?

RE;Artboy

Generally, we don't permit lot splitting. Otherwise collectors would keep the books they want, and send the rest back.

On occasion we do permit lot splitting when there are many books involved, and the book is o some value.

However, as a practical matter, when someone complains about a book in a lot...and the book is immaterial value wise in relation to the lot and purchase as a whole....we often offer a full refund on the book and allow you to keep it as well.

Especially if we are dealing with a repeat buyer who doesn't have a history of trying to take advantage of our policies.

Again we are not talking about 1 book, we are talking about a lot of 10 where the average grade given is 8.0 and one book in the lot is at best a 2.0. It isnt that I consider the grade of one book to be slightly off, we are talking EXTREME, a portion of the cover is ripped away like a tape pull and has a hole in it. It had absolutely no business being in a lot advertised as 8.0 average. Asking your customers to foot the bill to ship a lot back to you for a refund because you included a book that should have never been in the lot in the first place is just wrong. I expected a replacement / credit towards a replacement.

A repeat buyer no more

Artboy99

RE;artboy

I think I answered your question already...currently our policy is to give a refund and let you keep the book in larger lots....

We don't issue credits....just refunds. Also, we don't provide replacement copies because in many cases we may not have a suitable replacement in stock.

I will give you alot of credit in being very civil in your responses.

I agree. You certainly knew what you were getting yourself into and did it anyway. For that alone I applaud you.

RE;artboy

I think I answered your question already...currently our policy is to give a refund and let you keep the book in larger lots....

We don't issue credits....just refunds. Also, we don't provide replacement copies because in many cases we may not have a suitable replacement in stock.

Gotcha!

One thing I will mention, I definitely appreciate that you are here in this forum and listening and giving feedback. Thanks. It goes a long way to showing an improvement in your customer service.

I will stop beating the dead horse here. Thanks for your time.

RE;artboy

Gotcha!

One thing I will mention, I definitely appreciate that you are here in this forum and listening and giving feedback. Thanks. It goes a long way to showing an improvement in your customer service.

I will stop beating the dead horse here. Thanks for your time.

I gotta say it is remarkable that Dan would come on here and open himself up to all this. Perhaps he has changed some of his ways and is willing to do what it takes to earn back our trust.

My dealings with Dan go way back, and I don't have any recent stuff to discuss. The last time we spoke was in 1996 if memory serves.

If he is willing to take this abuse, perhaps he is enduring his purgatory and will be a better man for it. I can think of no other plausible reason.

Good luck Dan.

Bill