• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventures into the Unknown 27--Williamson/Krenkel, Frazetta?

2 posts in this topic

Adventures into the Unknown 27. Overstreet credits the first story to Al Williamson and Roy Krenkel, while the Grand Comic Database credits the pencils to Frank Frazetta. After studying the story I tend to agree. It looks as if Frazetta did the pencils, Williamson, the inks, and Krenkel, the backgrounds. In either case, it is a great story with beautiful art from 1952. Also one of my favorite covers from the pre-code era. I wanted this issue for a long time and just recently purchased it. However, I have been able to upgrade to a copy 4-5 grades better. This is a nice book and grades a 6.0-6.5 Some tanning around the perimiter of the cover, but it looks worse in the scan than in person. Great cover, great artists, great art. The price is below OPG by a little, not alot, but you don't see this one everyday either.

First 75.00 takes it.

Scott

AdventuresUnknown27.jpg