• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Army of Darkness #13 pgx 9.8? double check this for me

24 posts in this topic

Hey there fellow forumites and awesome graders

I purchased this a while ago off ebay and figured it was safe simply because it was graded.

When I got the slab, I immediately noticed the bottom left hand corner, and began questioning if such a ding/mark is allowed on 9.8 books

Since gothamcentral/shockwave comics is going to Bristol England and meeting Sean Philips, I'd definately want to crack this book out for CGC SS, but am unsure how cgc would grade the book in relation to pgx.

So here's some pics of what I the book looks like:

aod13pgxlabeleh9.jpg

aod13pgx98yp5.jpg

looks okay, right? You can even notice the corner I'm talking about in the above pic.

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about:

imgp0152ha0.jpg

imgp0151za7.jpg

imgp0147vd2.jpg

the book is flawless except for that one corner that bothers the heck out of me.

my question is that would that corner bump it down to 9.6? I mean, it did get a 9.8 from pgx, right? I'm just not sure

Please grade my book!

personally, i don't trust pgx. i've seen too many bad grading jobs by them. looking at te scan, it does look like a 9.6 to me.

i know i know!

i'm just hoping that there are people on these boards who would dispute that and say the book is still a 9.8

crazy.gif I'm afraid that looks like a 9.6 to me too....I would still crack it and submit to Phillips if I were you though!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though flowerred.gif (I'm submitting 2 Phillips books too!)

oh man.

i was so afraid that the fellow posters here would affirm my fears of the 9.6. I just can't believe the pgx guys would overlook something that is just sooooo noticeable from looking at the cover. i'm thinking i might still crack it anyways, because those copies are pretty hard to find.

hopefully some more people will look at this and offer more opinions.

thanks so far

looks like a bindery tear caused at printer's. Would this flaw not be hit for that reason? If so, maybe some would say 9.8 ... if not, then I guess it's a 9.6. Pretty debatable...split the difference.. send it into ACE and get a 9.7 tongue.gif

interesting.

i highly doubt i'd send it to ACE. 27_laughing.gif

it looks like the general consensus is that the book really is a 9.6

but you're saying that bindery tears are not "be hit"?

looks like a bindery tear caused at printer's. Would this flaw not be hit for that reason? If so, maybe some would say 9.8 ... if not, then I guess it's a 9.6. Pretty debatable...split the difference.. send it into ACE and get a 9.7 tongue.gif

For a Modern? I wouldn't give it a 9.4 with a tear like that sumo.gif

What a bunch of woosies! devil.gif

it is a small tear...

what would you give it then?

it is a small tear...

I can't grade a book from bad photos of it encased in plastic . . . confused-smiley-013.gif but I can easily say, "For a Modern? I wouldn't give it a 9.4 with a tear like that sumo.gif "

it is a small tear...

I can't grade a book from bad photos of it encased in plastic . . . confused-smiley-013.gif but I can easily say, "For a Modern? I wouldn't give it a 9.4 with a tear like that sumo.gif "

Divad is trying to say it's a 4.0 insane.gif

Seriously though I've seen 9.6's with bindery tears about that size but oddly mostt on the BC. It would be no higher than 9.6 IMO maybe lower. I doubt it would drop below 9.4 though. Maybe PGX got it caught in the heat sealer.

Seriously though I've seen 9.6's with bindery tears about that size

Ditto thumbsup2.gif

I'm pretty sure you have a CGC 9.6 on your hands....

but like I said earlier, I it would still be a great book to get signed by Sean Phillips headbang.gif