• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would rather have?

49 posts in this topic

I'd take the NM 1 also..some people say it's common,but how many ASM 1 in 9.4 do you see? not many,but you can't compare certain books like this to others in term of scarcity,sure FF 1 , JIM 83 is rarer than Spidey 1,But the Spidey 1 is also worth more,but since the mighty dollar makes the world go round and round,I's take the spidey,I can always pick up the rest in VF/NM. Kevin

I would probably take the 1-30 in 9.0. For flipping in 10 years. I'm not sure how the values would shake out, but I do think that a complete set like that might be interesting to have. Like others have said, getting 31 - 100 in 9.0 is probably pretty easy.

sure FF 1 , JIM 83 is rarer than Spidey 1,But the Spidey 1 is also worth more

It absolutely, positively, is not worth more than FF #1. Overstreet is off his rocker in listing Spidey #1 (really #2) at such a close price to FF #1. Show me one example of a Spidey 1 that sold more than an FF #1 in an equivalent grade! I've never seen it happen. I'm not near my data right now, but I've got a spreadsheet with about 25-30 data points or so for both issues in 7.0 and above condition, and Spidey #1 sold less than the equivalent FF #1s in every instance.

There are more people who want Spidey #1, but it's far more common than FF #1, hence the lower prices paid.

sure FF 1 , JIM 83 is rarer than Spidey 1,But the Spidey 1 is also worth more

It absolutely, positively, is not worth more than FF #1. Overstreet is off his rocker in listing Spidey #1 (really #2) at such a close price to FF #1. Show me one example of a Spidey 1 that sold more than an FF #1 in an equivalent grade! I've never seen it happen. I'm not near my data right now, but I've got a spreadsheet with about 25-30 data points or so for both issues in 7.0 and above condition, and Spidey #1 sold less than the equivalent FF #1s in every instance.

There are more people who want Spidey #1, but it's far more common than FF #1, hence the lower prices paid.

I was refering to the price in the guide,sorry for not being a 100% correct the first time,i promise it won't happen again 893naughty-thumb.gif