• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would rather have?

49 posts in this topic

You win a comic book sweepstakes and you get to pick one of these three choices. The only stipulation is that you can not sell any of these books for at least ten years (therefore, your decision shouldn't be based on what you believe you could sell these books for today).

All books are CGC graded with off-white pages:

Would you rather have:

ASM #1 in NM

ASM #1-30 in VF/NM

ASM #1-100 in VF+

I picked these combinations because in reality if you had the money to spend, you would spend approximately the same amount on each group.

So which one?

And then the real question; IS YOUR ANSWER IN SYNC WITH THE WAY YOU ACTUALLY COLLECT?

For investment ASM #1-30 in VF/NM

For my own collection, ASM #1-100 in VF+ (I'm mainly interested in Romita issues)

Actually ASM 1-10in VF8.0 and Romita issues upgraded to NM- or better sounds ideal smile.gif

I'd take #1 in NM. I've already got most of the rest of the 1 to 100 run in VF/NM or better.

Although...I guess I could take the 1 to 30 and sell off my current VF/NM copies.

So far, no one wants the NM, yet there always appears to be collectors/investors on this board that only buy NM (or think that NM is absolutely the only way to invest).

Since I asked the question, I would probably take the ASM #1-30 in VF/NM since at least I get a number of books and the remaining books would be easier to obtain.

I'd also take the 1-30 run. The 1-100 would be nice, but most of the books can be picked up in VF w/out too much trouble (if you have the $$$). If I took the first 100 issues, I wouldn't really have many more ASM's that I'd want. And finding sweet book is half the fun of collecting!

Any of the options would be nice though.

Chris

I would take 1-100...I would love a NM #1 but I really dont know what I would do with it. If the run was VF+ I would not feel bad about reading it because there would be no fear of accidently knocking it out of the NM range.

1-30. And it's probably more or less in line with how I actually collect when it comes to silver age. I don't really like spending more than $200-$500 a book so that means g crazy.gif on really nice stuff up to about vf/nm on cheaper stuff. NM/NM+/NM/MT I'd rather sell to someone who wants them more.

Dan