• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics.com Special Forum Discount On Raw Books

30 posts in this topic

I have a few raw odds and ends that I am happy to offer to the boards at discounted prices. Most of these books are either reading copies or low grade. A few mid-grade copies. Because of the low grades, low prices and number of books, I honestly do not have the time or energy to scan them all in. Thus, I am only providing scans of a few copies. However, I am more than happy to provide scans to anyone if you really want to see the book before purchase.

GRADES/PRICES: As noted. Any questions just ask.

SHIPPING: $5 for USPS Priority Mail (other options available); $8 for USPS Global Priority Mail to Canada/Mexico; $10 USPS Global Priority Mail for all other international locations. I will happily combine shipping.

PAYMENT: Payment may be made by cash, money orders, personal checks, or PayPal (username: EsquireComics@aol.com). Book will not be shipped until personal checks clear.

RETURNS: EsquireComics is a founding member of the Network of Disclosure (www.networkofdisclosure.com) and therefore returns are always accepted, no questions asked (and this includes CGC books). so long as I am notified within 3 days, the book is sent back within 7 days and it is returned in the same condition. Buyer assumes return postage.

PURCHASE TACTIC: First takeit.gif takes it!!!

SALE ENDS: Wednesday, April 25, 2007

1756108-network_of_disclosurelogo.jpg

JLA #4 (Apr/May 1961), Green Arrow joins, 1" top spine split, 1 1/2" bottom spine split, spine wear along book, cover still attached but starting to separate, nice filler copy, VG-

2006 Overstreet Guide: $85 approx.

FORUM PRICE: $45

1756123-JLA4.jpg

Ok, here is the list of books that I am not scanning in (unless requested). For the most part these are 50% off Guide.

Tales of Suspense

#45, Intro & 1st app. Happy and Pepper, totally beat-up reader copy, but completely intact, a nice filler book, Fr, $15

#56, 1st app. Unicorn, also reader copy but in better shape (at least presentation), tape remnants on staples, red ink scribbles on cover, G-, $6

#62, Origin Mandarin, G/VG, $10

#63, see below

#65, 1st SA app. Red Skull, cover starting to separate from staples, G+, $8

#66, Origin Red Skull, looks to have been restapled, cover presents well, G, $8

#67, Hitler app., VG+/F, $12

#68, reader copy though cover presents well, back cover has stains and has been crumpled on the bottom, possible water damage, Fr (cover presents VG), $3

#69, 1st app Titanium Man, great deal of visible spine wear, creases, cover starting to separate from staples, G, $4

#70, begin alternating cover features between Iron Man & Captain America, two 1/4" holes on spine/back cover, VG, $10

#71, visible spine wear, creases, nice filler, G/VG, $5

#81, some shadowing on interior back cover, front cover creases quite obvious right side corners, G/VG, $5

#88, tearing around bottom staple, 1/8" hole, solid filler copy, G+, $4

#89, spine entirely taped, otherwise F- book, G, $3

#93, completely beat up reader copy, Fr, $1

#95, see below

#96, see below

#97, 1st Whiplash, solid copy, slight start of 2" tear on upper back cover, presents very well, VG/F, $8

#99, last issue, solid copy, slight shadowing interior back cover, staples slightly separating from book, VG/F, $9

Information forthcoming on the following books:

Teen Titans

Mister Miracle

Fantastic Four

Batman

#260, 100 pgs

Phantom Stranger

World's Finest

Flash

Showcase

Picked up some GA books that I can let go for a sweet price.

This 1951 issue of Wonder Woman was used in POP and also features the origin of WW's magic lasso (modeled after her creator's pop-culture lie detection device).

Barely attached at the top staple, separated from the bottom staple, that is a triangular piece missing from the bottom cover, but nice solid cover colors and everything is intact and quite bright inside! A solid low-grade Good.

2007 Overstreet Guide = $54. My price = $35. That includes shipping! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1785572-WW50.jpg

This 1951 issue of Wonder Woman was used in POP and also features the origin of WW's magic lasso (modeled after her creator's pop-culture lie detection device).

Barely attached at the top staple, separated from the bottom staple, that is a triangular piece missing from the bottom cover, but nice solid cover colors and everything is intact and quite bright inside! A solid low-grade Good.

2007 Overstreet Guide = $54. My price = $35. That includes shipping! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1785572-WW50.jpg

takeit.gif

If you are perhaps looking for one of your first GA books and just want an inexpensive copy from 1949 to start off your collection, this may be for you.

Totally intact inside. Cover is separated from the book, as is the centerfold (but at this grade it is irrelevant). Fr/G.

2007 Guide = approx. $50-$60. My price $30 (including shipping)

1785588-Superman56.jpg

Or perhaps this book to start off your GA Collection? From 1951, it features some enjoyable stories involving Superman, Congo Bill, Tommy Tomorrow and The Vigilante.

Obvious spine roll problems, and only attached at one staple, it is still a solid G- and presents fairly well given the grade.

2007 Overstreet Guide = approx $50, my price $30 (including shipping)

1785595-Action159.jpg

TOS #56, 1st app. Unicorn, also reader copy but in better shape (at least presentation), tape remnants on staples, red ink scribbles on cover, G-, $6

As long as p.2 is clean, readable and w/o tape (I have the OA) ... takeit.gif

Dino

If you are perhaps looking for one of your first GA books and just want an inexpensive copy from 1949 to start off your collection, this may be for you.

Totally intact inside. Cover is separated from the book, as is the centerfold (but at this grade it is irrelevant). Fr/G.

1785588-Superman56.jpg

Love it.. would buy it.. but I hate kids that are named Jimmie Lemon.. little b astard shouldn't have signed it... sumo.gif

1785572-WW50.jpg

takeit.gif

Wow, even before I offered the free comic! thumbsup2.gif

1785588-Superman56.jpg

Love it.. would buy it.. but I hate kids that are named Jimmie Lemon.. little b astard shouldn't have signed it... sumo.gif

At this grade, you'd lose nothing by cutting off his name! wink.gif

TOS #56, 1st app. Unicorn, also reader copy but in better shape (at least presentation), tape remnants on staples, red ink scribbles on cover, G-, $6

As long as p.2 is clean, readable and w/o tape (I have the OA) ... takeit.gif

Dino

I checked it, all clean, readable and w/o tape! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sweet on the OA! thumbsup2.gif