• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket Kelly #4

9 posts in this topic

Just won some Golden Age comics in an estate auction. This is my first foray into grading this Age.

This comic presents well and has great eye appeal. Pages are Off-White. Book is intact. The line on the Lower-Left Back Cover is a crease and not a tear.

RocketKelly.jpg

RocketBack.jpg

Thanks in advance for your grades.

4.5 due to crease on f/c general wear to spine, and that back cover. IMHO I don't think that the book is bad enough to get a 3, but this will be a case of someone looking at it and trying to decide if one giant crease is better or worse than a book with multiple dog ears, etc. I don't know if the book would go higher, simply because of the general wear to the covers, the stain or whatever it is (b/c spine) and the size of the crease and the rip...

I think that this is one of those cases where the book won't get a 'bump' and so you might end up with a 4, but be honest (everyone) if this was an AF 15 there would be people throwing out 6 and 7 by now. grin.gif

I disagree. The book has nice eye appeal, but there are a number of significant defects to this book, including:

2" round stain to REBC;

1/2" chunk missing from LEBC;

6" crease across logo area FC;

Staple trauma at LS;

1/2" stain LLFC;

Crunched LRFC;

Multiple creases BEBC;

Edge trauma at REFC;

And that doesn't even allow for resto evaluation . . . grin.gif

I disagree. The book has nice eye appeal, but there are a number of significant defects to this book, including:

2" round stain to REBC;

1/2" chunk missing from LEBC;

6" crease across logo area FC;

Staple trauma at LS;

1/2" stain LLFC;

Crunched LRFC;

Multiple creases BEBC;

Edge trauma at REFC;

And that doesn't even allow for resto evaluation . . . grin.gif

Goodness me... smile.gif