• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rant . . .

25 posts in this topic

Saw a Ron Lim Silver Surfer page today prominently listed as a SPLASH! Read the item description, and it's a "1/3 splash". What the hell is that? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

That's when a seller takes a picture of one of the panels and blows it up for the auction. By that reasoning every page anyone has ever had and ever will have is a splash page in some form or another.... Good times. foreheadslap.gif Oh remind me to show you my 1/8th splash sometime, It's almost 2 inches across 893whatthe.gif

I agree with this problem. Plate = not original art ie, doesn't belong there.

Other peeves.

People who list items like Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, XMen original art. When you look at it it's a She Hulk page or something. Of course they're listing it that cause it'll come up on a thousand different searches.

"Homages" Man, I hate doing a search for Kirby and seeing 300 of these "homages". Some are genuinely good, but it's a pain when I'm looking for the one and only.

Oh and I couldn't agree more about the splash epidemic that's plaguing OA listings. Good grief, man..what isn't a splash these days. "Well, panel nine's kinda big"

Ah, Mister Trent, now you've ticked the printing plate guy off. Today, he loaded eBay with a buhzillion of the things.

Last time I looked only a handful of Mr Printing Plate's non-original-art-in-the-original-art-section items had attracted bids.

Looks like he kinda shot himself in the foot by swamping his non-original-art-in-the-original-art-section items with one massive hit. foreheadslap.gif