• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exactly Whom would pay to slab THIS?

28 posts in this topic

Once again, you tease us about this "Brick and mortar store" - How can one not help but post about their vast experiences from this perspective, afforded only to those that hold such an elusive honor...

Just wait until I start in on the informative posts about comic shop restrooms and "Which chokeholds are legal to use on shoplifters"...

and BTW when are you buying my overpriced 35 centers?

My next big round of 35c buying will be in October... I found two more in dollar boxes last weekend, but I need to wait a month or so before I start making eBay sellers happy.

My next big round of 35c buying will be in October... I found two more in dollar boxes last weekend, but I need to wait a month or so before I start making eBay sellers happy.

Don't worry about ebay sellers, they've got matt@napahomes.com to keep them happy.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif and daffy06, cosmic spider-man, and mgd5 - I'm gonna have to spam them all 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know... I know... I should have told you before... but I was afraid everyone would freak out if they knew I had a brick and mortar store... so keep it to yourself, ok?

The small consolation in the Halloween Goth Princess' lifestyle change is that her new girlfriend is awfully affectionate... and the starting bids for my store security tapes are going up as we speak... blush.gif

That's all fine and dandy until you lay her down on a book with a loose staple.....

...and.... ***POP*** ... there goes all the air..... grin.gif

Indicia has second printing noted at the very end of the last line smile.gif

Oh come on Darth... you can make it easier for the poor guy...

I guess it's been almost a year since the last time I gave my 2nd printing spiel... Must be time again...

On any mainstream comic with a UPC code, which includes all Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and Image, plus many small press titles, you can determine the printing without even opening the book.

Take the latest issue of Punisher, as an example:

UPC Code reads 59606 05113 03011

First set of five digits tells you who the publisher is. All Marvel books have 59606 here, all DC's have 61941, and so on. Next set of five digits tells you what the title is. Punisher is 05113, Hellblazer is 20066, and so on. Every issue of a title will have the same code. So every issue of this run of Punisher will start with 59606 05113...

The last set of five tells you which issue it is. First three digits are the issue number. In this case we have issue #30. The next digit tells you which cover this is. On 95+% of books this digit will be a 1, but when Marvel does their 2 covers of #2 you will see one cover with a 1 here and the other with a 2. The final digit tells you the printing number. Again on 99% of books this will be a 1. If it is a second print you will see a 2 here, and so on...

If your Green Arrow has 00111 as the last five digits, you know it's the first printing of the main cover of issue #1... If your Batgirl has 00112, you know it's a second printing of #1...

No need to open the book, no need to read the indicia... Learn this and you will save a lot of time in your back issue searches...

I can't tell from what you've written; Does this hold true for D.C. Second printings as well, as Green Arrow isn't a Marvel character?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif-Joe

Very informative! Thank You