• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA restoration

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever had a piece of OA restored in any way? There is always a lot of talk about this regarding comics, but not so much with OA.

I ask as i have several pieces with missing stats that i would like to replace, as well as others with glue stains that i'd love to have removed. The third problem i have is with stats that have the glue showing through, staining the stat itself - is there any way to have this fixed?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Has anyone here ever had a piece of OA restored in any way? There is always a lot of talk about this regarding comics, but not so much with OA.

I ask as i have several pieces with missing stats that i would like to replace, as well as others with glue stains that i'd love to have removed. The third problem i have is with stats that have the glue showing through, staining the stat itself - is there any way to have this fixed?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have owned pieces of original art from ASM #6 (the famous dog eaten issue) that had pieces replaced to the borders and restoration has no effect on value. And these pages were the most extreme examples of restoration I have seen to date.

OA is unique in an of itself, unless you are replacing large sections of the art area or having a piece re-inked (and done by anyone other than the original artist) there is usually no issue amongst the majority of collectors and restoration.

Cleaning glue stains and replacing non-original art stats is really a non issue to me. It really doesn't effect the artwork at all...value wise or value perception.

Chris