• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Midnight Crowley Copy CGC 8.0 & Others

4 posts in this topic

The usual rules with takeit.gif over PMs. Thanks for looking. I will be listing a huge batch of very high grade 1970s Horror magazines (Dracula Lives, Zombie books)later in the week - so keep your eyes out for the post. I will be willing to take offers for multi-buys since the shipping will be far less.

Captain Midnight 57 – Crowley File Copy CGC 8.0 – Great looking Bondage Issue – I am selling this great issue for $145 (with shipping included) which is a little higher than the GPA average but I believe this is the only issue sold this year. A very rare Golden Age collectible at any price.

CaptainMidnight57a.jpg

CaptainMidnight57Back.jpg

CaptainMidnight57B.jpg

Captain Midnight 100, Bugs Bunny 1 & Marvel Family 85 – These are three fairly rare British re-prints of Gold-Age books. They were printed in 1950 in England and have been cared for well. I am selling them all three for $33 shipped.

MarvelFamily85.jpg

CaptainMidnight100.jpg

BugsBunny1.jpg

Showcase #55 (First Silver-Age Solomon Grundy) – This is a very nice Silver-Age DC issue with only a couple minor defects. I have graded this a 7.0 FN/VF but at a minimum it’s a 6.5 FN+. A ton of positives include off-white pages and a very sharp cover. The back cover oxidation line is a slight distraction but it’s the back cover and incorporated in the grade. Take away a couple spine marks and this could be a 7.5 – 8.0 candidate. I am selling this issue at $65 including shipping which is 10% less than GPA for a 7.0 and at the GPA average for a 6.5. I can’t find any that have sold on e-bay in even close to this grade – so these don’t pop up every day!!

Showcase55.jpg

Showcase55Back.jpg

Metal Man #10 - VG condition with a 2006 guide of $20. Selling for $10 shipped.

MetalMen10.jpg

Thanks for the bump, Deathlok. Of course I got all excited thinking I had a sale. And it was you eating popcorn on all my comics!! Are you waiting for the Horror Mags or waiting for someone to snatch up these great books??

And for being the first person in this post - you get the inside info that some comics went up in the current price guide. Don't pass it on.

Ok, my one and only pure bump and then its onto e-bay at the reduced prices. Let me know if you want one of the British books and I am price them seperately. I did drop the price on the Showcase 55 a little but I think its a good price for a SIlver DC issue.

Thanks for looking back!!