• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OO Collection For Sale

37 posts in this topic

March/07- I get a phone call from a childhood friend(ok, someone who used to beat me up) that used to belong to a group of us that had the same comic collecting interests. He was also one of the artist/creators for our own home produced comic lines: you know, classics such as “Micro-Man”, “The Drill”- the longest running series which is still being published almost 30 years later, and “The Captains”- a band of unlikely and unlikable potty mouth perverts whose issues were lost in a mysterious warehouse fire upon being discovered by my buddy’s mother. This kid’s house was the cool place to hang out, they subscribed to the first movie channel available in our area and were the 1st to own a VCR in the neighborhood- we got to see R rated flicks or other movies such as Road Warrior, Eddie Murphy’s Raw, Escape From New York, etc. that might have otherwise been out of our grasp. His father was also an accumulator of, well, things. He taped everything off the movie channel, bought massive amounts of stuff.

The Mecca of our comic world lie in that house- in a room off to the back of the house were boxes of comics we could only dream about. The kid’s father started buying copies of whatever his son was collecting and more, sometimes going back and filling in back issues, sometimes just buying the #1 issues of new series, and without (much) rhyme or reason complete runs of certain titles. Artists were a particular focus. With only a limited comic budget as a kid we would stare into the room in awe at what was to us a plethora of comic books and other stuff. Very rarely were we allowed entrance into the room, but staring in was quite a treat in itself.

My friend has since moved on from the area and established his own career and has an interest in keeping a small amount of what he used to collect. His father has decided it’s time to start paring the accumulations down and they sat down to come up with a plan to do so. Knowing that I still had a hand in the hobby they contacted me to help liquidate the collection. I aim to help them, and will offer a good amount of the product here before anywhere else. Unfortunately this wasn’t a 40’s, 50’s 60’s childhood I had, it was the very end of the 70’s into the early 80’s and sporadically thereafter(not my childhood, the accumulating process). There are some SA & BA issues as well, they will be scattered in. Main artists would be Byrne/Perez/Miller for the late 70’s/early 80’s. Some of the stuff will be high grade and slab-worthy, some will not. Some will be decent stuff (X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil) some will not (Arion #1, Arak #1). We’ll have some fun, we’ll laugh, we’ll cry, it’ll be a little bit of everything….enjoy!

We will call it: My Friend’s Dad’s Accumulation That We Thought Was So Cool Collection (MFDATWTWSC for short)

I have a small lot of them now and will post when more comes in. Some dups may be available

takeit.gif rules, standard shipping applies($5/$8/$10).

Thor #337 NM-/NM $6

th_thor337.jpg

I can't find my copy so... takeit.gif

Dang. I'd never read any of these issues until the other day when I picked up 5 (350, 354, 357, 361, & 364) at a garage sale for .20 cents apiece. Read 350 and decided I probably should start from the beginning.

Wish I would have seen this one sooner. Nice pickup comix.

I edited the price on the Daredevil #181

Last two for tonight:

X-Men #136 VF/NM $20

th_xmen136.jpg

Back Cover printer's ink back cover, not a stain

X-Men #137 NM $35

th_xmen137.jpg

Back Cover

The pair for $50.

Didn't forgett about this thread or any of the books that got BINned that weren't invoiced/sent out, I have a few new books to post here tonight, and more to follow!

Let's start out with this one...

New Teen Titans #2 VF/NM $25 Nice copy with minor upper corner ding, back cover stresses at spine, tiny stress front cover at spine, sharp front cover corners, may be slightly better than VF/NM ntt2.jpg

Back Cover