• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Spider-Man 3" already leaked in China

23 posts in this topic

http://www.filmwad.com/-spider-man-3-already-leaked-in-china-2272-p.html

Here's why you don't premiere a film in Asia - pirated copies of "Spider-Man 3" have already hit the streets of Beijing, China. Keep in mind…the film isn't set to open for two weeks in the US.

Copies of the film hit the streets Today (Tuesday the 24th) and though no one in the West has been able to vouch for the authenticity of the burned copies, it's still pretty ridiculous. People were wondering when the film would get pirated as soon as it debuted in Tokyo a couple weekends ago…and if these copies prove to be authentic…well, then there you go.

Chinese piracy accounts for close to a billion dollars in losses for US cultural exports per year. "Spider-Man 3" in particular can't afford any lost revenue seeing as it's the most expensive film ever made (some estimates reaching upward of $500 million). Either way, if you find a copy online, please don't send it my way - I've already got my tickets for May 4th and you're NOT gonna spoil it for me.

I expect to be able to buy a letterbox dvd of Spidey 3 movie next week in my local Chinatown for $3 including taxes. The box with mismatched English text translation costs $1 more. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

if they catch you buying it you will be slapped with huge fines...federal offense...i would think twice about it tonofbricks.gif

I expect to be able to buy a letterbox dvd of Spidey 3 movie next week in my local Chinatown for $3 including taxes. The box with mismatched English text translation costs $1 more. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

if they catch you buying it you will be slapped with huge fines...federal offense...i would think twice about it tonofbricks.gif

Come to Canada then.

Buying isnt illegal.. Selling is

Come to Canada then.

Then would you mind purchasing 25 kilos of cocaine and letting us know the outcome thumbsup2.gif

Come to Canada then.

Then would you mind purchasing 25 kilos of cocaine and letting us know the outcome thumbsup2.gif

Where do you want it? 04-154.jpg

Come to Canada then.

foreheadslap.gif

Ya, that's a great comparison!

It is LEGAL to download music here in Canada. I am not sure about the movies though. But as mentioned, if you buy it, you don't get shackled up! To compare buying a movie to buying keys of coke is just silly!

Buy the way Aardvark, if you find one... pick one up for me! poke2.gif I don't care about the cover!!! insane.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Come to Canada then.

Isn't that only 2 months of community service in Canada? stooges.gif

Come to Canada then.

You're forgetting greggy is Canadian.

That's two months serving him. 893whatthe.gif

Come to Canada then.

FU,

Come to Canada then.

FU,

Exactly what I'm talking about! 893whatthe.gif

Come to Canada then.

FU,
nerd

There's a chinatown in canada confused-smiley-013.gif

The tunnel in Times Square that leads to the E train has a bunch of people selling bootlegs and the cops dont do anything insane.gif

This is normal and not surprising. When I was in Korea I could buy bootlegs of most any movie on the day of the US premiere and sometimes a week or two before (King Kong and Superman come to mind). Not sure how to fix it but it's a booming business there. So much so, the Osan AB base theater is struggling to survive because of low attendance...

Jim

There's a chinatown in canada confused-smiley-013.gif

Its Called Vancouver