• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autographed Comics and the CGC...

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how the CGC approaches comics that have been signed? As far as the CGC is concerned, does an autograph significantly raise the value of the comic, or infringe on the grading process? I would imagine that they would require a means of proof that the real person signed the comic - i.e. a photograph of the artist signing or with the signed product. Also, would the CGC take into question the type of pen that was used in the process of grading? i.e. was an acid free pen used?

How do you other comic collectors feel about autographs? Personally, I get them not for the money, but because I find it really cool to have a book that you really admire signed by the person responsible for it. For instance, I recently had my Origin #1 signed by Paul Jenkins -- too cool.

Regards,

InfernoFX 893whatthe.gif